shape
carat
color
clarity

Got me some diamond earrings to go with my pierced ears!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So since I talk about it almost incessently, the regular folks around here are probably aware I have only recently (within the past year) gotten my ears pierced. If you're not - yes, I waited until my mid-twenties to poke holes through my flesh. Very bizarre of me, I know! I had been wanting diamond earrings but then other stuff kept coming up that I wanted to buy MORE which kind of meant the saving didn't happen. BUT THEN! I momentarily lost interest in jewelry for several months, and the fun fund gained a bit more money than usual. And then it happened again. So I have two pairs of diamond earrings now! It is VERY EXCITING.

Now I just need to figure out how to spend less than ten minutes per ear while changing earrings. (Look, how the heck am I supposed to detach something I can't see? And then poke something through a hole I can't see the back of? I keep just jabbing the middle of the piercing hole REALLY HARD and hurting myself. Is this normal? Does it get better with practice? ERHMAHGAWD I AM SO HOPELESS.)

First pair!

I bought this pair at the end of July. It's some wonky little old cut guys in a SUPER eighties looking setting. I call them my power earrings because they look like something you would wear with an eighties power suit. I really should have saved the seller's pictures because hers were much better than mine. I need some ear pics. They look good on my ears. I swear to you they look WAY better in person than in these pictures.

1.2 cttw, 14kt gold. 6 diamonds per earring, so each diamond is about 10 points each. Or that would make sense anyway, due to math. The diamonds wrap around the bottom so even really incredibly short people can see the bling.

j-pair.jpg
j-side.jpg
j-sing2.jpg
j-sing1.jpg

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are the ones I bought today, from Efim Gilim at Intergem. Someone else here bought earrings from them. GemFever, I think? Silver-topped diamond drops.

Anyway, these earrings caught my eye. Well, the first earrings that caught my eye were 2cttw studs in platinum bezels but they were many times my current jewelry budget. But then I saw these. I thought they'd be out of my price range too but they weren't! They were well within it! I like these funny settings with the scalloped floral look, and these diamonds are bright and sparkly and a good size. They aren't perfect - they definitely have some leakage issues and aren't a perfect match. But no one will ever notice except me and you guys, and none of that is noticeable from 18 inches away to me, so I am sure it won't be at all noticeable on my ears to anyone. And they are really pretty. And have the locking backs, so they probably won't fall out. All around I consider them a win.

Even though I prodded the diamonds a lot before I bought them, I think one is loose because when I put the earring in and walked around I can hear a little rattle. I would rather not face going to intergem a third day in a row to talk to the vendor so I'll probably call them tomorrow to see what they can offer. It would be easier to just have my jeweler fix it, and while he'll tighten prongs for free, if they need retipping there are eight prongs on each sucker so that could easily be a couple hundred dollars, so it's worth it to see if the vendor can do anything. Any suggestions?

They were sold as 1.25ish cttw (haven't been unset to be weighed), H/I VS2 (which is in the general ballpark, anyway), 14kt rose gold with yellow gold posts/backs.

Sitting on my desk where they can easily be seen:

studs-desk.png

Regular indoor light:

studs-reglight.jpg

Yay bright light!:

studs-bright.jpg

In the incredibly unflattering lighting of my car (it kills diamonds, but is really good for colored stones and metals):

studs-car.jpg

This is the guy on the left in all the pics, can look nailheady in the middle. This guy has a taller crown. And is the loose one.

studs-highcrownr.jpg

This is the guy on the right in all the pics. He has some fisheye-type leakage.

studs-lowcrownl.jpg

On the ears from the front, with the hair shadowing them (how they'll often be seen!):

studs-vfront.jpg
studs-vside.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice indeed! I've heard that vendor recommended by more than one poster and always look for them. To date, they have not been at the shows I've attended, but here's to hoping - especially when I see your great score. :))

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like them both and think they are great starts to your earring wardrobe!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like both pairs distracts! I love the size of your power earrings, I'll bet they show up really nicely - and I love the oec earrings, those stones are a great size! Congrats on such good finds!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty. They are a wonderful start to your earring collection.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty! :appl:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
I love both pairs! How fun to get a whole new world of jewelry to explore!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks guys! I have worn the power earrings a lot since I got them and am pretty excited about the new ones, though so far I've just worn them around the house.

I took the stud earrings back to the gem show yesterday to see if the vendor could fix them for free and they did. So now the loose one is loose no more! Since I know everything is kind of rushed at the shows, I'll still be taking them to get checked out at my jeweler, but I have to take in a ring to be resized anyway so it won't be too much of a hassle. I didn't want to officially recommend Efim Gilin until I saw how they handled this, but they apologized for not noticing and were perfectly nice and helpful about it. I will definitely be looking at their stuff again.

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
Buttrcups are so much fun! I love them both!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
bastetcat|1381769848|3537547 said:
Buttrcups are so much fun! I love them both!

Buttercup setting! I couldn't remember the name for the life of me! I knew it had a special name but was just calling it the weird scalloped floral thingy.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those buttercups have great presence on your ears. Both pairs are classic enough to wear everyday, and unique enough that you won't see everyone else in something identical. Congrats!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your piercings Distracts and your new earrings. I love them both but I especially love the buttercups! And LOL on taking 10 minutes to get your earrings in...I am pretty slow at it still haha and it's been almost 10 years that I started wearing earrings (again-pierced at 16 but didn't start wearing earrings till much much later). Never fun when I am running late in the morning cause I really need to allot enough time to wearing the bling yanno. :cheeky:

Anyway, you are going to have so much fun purchasing and wearing all this new bling for your ears! :appl:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on getting your ears pierced and on the gorgeous new earrings!! What a great way to rock more bling!! I want my ears pierced too and I'm almost twice your age. :). Would be worth it to wear more diamonds. :)

Cina_s

Shiny_Rock
These are the ones I bought today, from Efim Gilim at Intergem. Someone else here bought earrings from them. GemFever, I think? Silver-topped diamond drops.

Anyway, these earrings caught my eye. Well, the first earrings that caught my eye were 2cttw studs in platinum bezels but they were many times my current jewelry budget. But then I saw these. I thought they'd be out of my price range too but they weren't! They were well within it! I like these funny settings with the scalloped floral look, and these diamonds are bright and sparkly and a good size. They aren't perfect - they definitely have some leakage issues and aren't a perfect match. But no one will ever notice except me and you guys, and none of that is noticeable from 18 inches away to me, so I am sure it won't be at all noticeable on my ears to anyone. And they are really pretty. And have the locking backs, so they probably won't fall out. All around I consider them a win.

Even though I prodded the diamonds a lot before I bought them, I think one is loose because when I put the earring in and walked around I can hear a little rattle. I would rather not face going to intergem a third day in a row to talk to the vendor so I'll probably call them tomorrow to see what they can offer. It would be easier to just have my jeweler fix it, and while he'll tighten prongs for free, if they need retipping there are eight prongs on each sucker so that could easily be a couple hundred dollars, so it's worth it to see if the vendor can do anything. Any suggestions?

They were sold as 1.25ish cttw (haven't been unset to be weighed), H/I VS2 (which is in the general ballpark, anyway), 14kt rose gold with yellow gold posts/backs.

Sitting on my desk where they can easily be seen:

studs-desk.png

Regular indoor light:

studs-reglight.jpg

Yay bright light!:

studs-bright.jpg

In the incredibly unflattering lighting of my car (it kills diamonds, but is really good for colored stones and metals):

studs-car.jpg

This is the guy on the left in all the pics, can look nailheady in the middle. This guy has a taller crown. And is the loose one.

studs-highcrownr.jpg

This is the guy on the right in all the pics. He has some fisheye-type leakage.

studs-lowcrownl.jpg

On the ears from the front, with the hair shadowing them (how they'll often be seen!):

studs-vfront.jpg
studs-vside.jpg

Hi! Was it easy to get these retipped? I have just gotten a similar pair, and have a similar retipping requirement. Any thoughts. Ive never retipped before!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results