shape
carat
color
clarity

Got it on Ebay for 25% of retail and created this baby!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SixFive

Rough_Rock
You may remember me from a couple months ago worried about "recycling". Well I got the chance to see what she wanted from some shopping and it wasn''t the original setting from the seller. She likes Michael B so I had the ring he makes copied by J&D in philly''s jewelers row -saved 1700 bucks and made money my selling the original setting - not that it matters but how great is it that what she wanted brought me $500 lower total cost! It looks great on her size 4 hand as this style is so dainty and classy. Any larger that 2 ct would be too much unless you get all sides covered with diamonds.

There are 35 mini''s totalling .56 ct on the ring and the center appriased by David Atlas is a 2.03ct princess; 7.1x6.75x5 with a 74% depth and 74% table. G color VS-1. I paid $9500 total net cost by finding a quick selling seller. Thanks to my education here I was confident in my decision making and process for verification of the goods! Thanks folks..

She flipped out when at the Barry Manilow concert this weekend she says, "how romantic it would be to get engaged at a BM concert?" I said "Oh yeah and got on one knee with this bad boy!"

love.gif

Pa100075.jpg

SixFive

Rough_Rock
more

Pa100085.jpg

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
That is so lovely. I'm glad everything worked out for you.
Congrats.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I recall your story and how well satisfied you were with the stone but unsure about old sentiment attached to it--and now those misgivings vanished as the ring is personalized to your fiances' taste........and is tres fab in every particular!
Very well done!!!!
love.gif

cheers

Sharon

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
What an incredibly beautiful ring...
love.gif
congrats!
1.gif

cmcwill

Shiny_Rock
Hand pics!! Congratulations on your engagement!

SixFive

Rough_Rock
Thanks guys - I was quite unsure what to do and thought I would try and stick with that original setting as it looked like something she wanted from a magazine ad. Well thank god she changed her mind and forced my hand for the new setting - the other one was almost new but wasn't quite there and it was USED. This is much more classy to her. And I love it to boot.

reena

Ideal_Rock
wow, i ADORE the look of the princess on that thin pave band! i don't see that type of setting very often with a princess and i just think it looks fabulous. wonderful, wonderful job! hand pics please!

Ivy

Shiny_Rock
(GULP) WOW! Gorgeous. What a classy classy ring. Please post hand picks.
9.gif

Congratulations
appl.gif

Ivy

Shiny_Rock
(GULP) WOW! Gorgeous. What a classy classy ring. Please post hand picks.
9.gif

Congratulations
appl.gif

Ivy

Shiny_Rock
Sorry for the double post.
15.gif

Guess I really REALLY want to see more of this beautiful ring.
lickout.gif

Carmel

Shiny_Rock
A b~e~a~u~t~i~f~u~l specimen!! Really lovely.

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
Nice to hear an ebay story w a happy ending
2.gif
Congratulations 6-5! The ring came out beautifully!
love.gif
So... what song did you propose during? ...and when are we going to see some hand shots
naughty.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Oh Was it Coba Cabana???

"Her name was Lola, she was a show girl....

Hey Ivy what happened to that lovely shot of you and the old man? that's a Funny Avatar you've got now.

SixFive

Rough_Rock
I need to take a hand shot - need some time on that one.

I asked her during the intermission (new thing in concerts?) and she was shocked and awed as I told not a soul - other than you guys - and we had always discussed a 05 engagement - her b-day or v-day.

I was trying to get on stage as I sent him a letter, went to the venues management that night and had the owner of my company even try to deal with the venue ahead of time. It was quite clear Barry was nervous at this the beggining of the tour and was not going to allow anything out of the ordinary affect his 2 hours of performing. Denise loves him and I was sorta going as the "last resort" as her friends refused to pay 140 bucks for a ticket so she thought she was stuck with me as the last second. She had no idea. We were in a lux box and I when she said "wouldn't it be romantic to get engaged at a Barry concert", it was a no brainer. No one even noticed - it's philly

SixFive

Rough_Rock
So I am not rare for succeeding with ebay, am I? The seller flew out that day from Utah and we met at an appraiser on the row. What horror stories can you point me to?

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous, G~O~R~G~E~O~U~S ring!! Congrats on the great ebay find again!!

My mom's wedding ring was an estate sale on ebay. Very pretty - diamond solitiare soldered to a diamond and sapphire wedding band wrap (but don't know specs). My stepfather done good!!
1.gif

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
That ring is beautiful. Congrats on your engagement!
1.gif

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
gorgeous ring SixFive! you done good! can't wait to see the hand shots
1.gif
and way to go with the proposal at a Barry Manilow concert...love him!

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
That is simply stunning, and I can't believe how PERFECT the proposal turned out!!! Awesome, congratulations on getting a great stone (and for being one of the lucky ones to find such a thing on e-bay) for having that drop dead gorgeous custom setting made, and for everything working out the best possible way.
9.gif

I think e-bay is cluttered with really horrible quality diamonds from a few high-volume sellers. The fact that you made this purchase from a private party who was willing to fly out and meet you for the appraisal is the exception rather than the rule on e-bay... such opportunities are few and far between. So good on ya for finding it!
1.gif

Ivy

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 10/13/2004 11:20:20 AM sevens one wrote:

Hey Ivy what happened to that lovely shot of you and the old man? that's a Funny Avatar you've got now.----------------

HAHAHAHAH! Old Man. I MUST tell him.
naughty.gif
I love my, sweetie, but I thought that "monster" was pretty cute too. Just in time for Halloween.
Up_to_something.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I get it. But it does kinda resemble me in the morning,
and even the afternoon- Heck; the evening as well!

And he's got the nerve to have slippers on! LOL

Ivy

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 10/14/2004 12:12:44 PM sevens one wrote:

Oh, I get it. But it does kinda resemble me in the morning,
and even the afternoon- Heck; the evening as well!

And he's got the nerve to have slippers on! LOL----------------

Sevens One,

Don't mean to hijack...but here's a better pic of my morning monster. Actually, it resembles me too, except that my MUG of coffee is much MUCH bigger most mornings.
lickout.gif

OH, uh, back to drooling over that AMAZING ring.
3.gif

Still no hand pics???
sad.gif

GOOD MORNING.jpg

SixFive

Rough_Rock
Hang in there Ivy - she stopped smoking this week and she's sick of me taking pics of the ring. All the hand shots are fuzzy and too whited out. I'll try her again tonight after work. I still am drooling too and she loves to tell people how much I love the ring! I DO

Ivy

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 10/14/2004 2:56:43 PM SixFive wrote:

Hang in there Ivy - she stopped smoking this week and she's sick of me taking pics of the ring. All the hand shots are fuzzy and too whited out. I'll try her again tonight after work. I still am drooling too and she loves to tell people how much I love the ring! I DO----------------

Hey, you can wait till she's asleep and take the pics! Bad idea?! OH, ok I'll be patient.
sick.gif

BTW, seems like you've got your "I DO" part down pat.
appl.gif

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Thats such a GORGEOUS ring. I must have forgotten to post when I saw it originally a few days ago. I LOVE the thin thin band with all that sparkle. I love thin bands like that.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Hey Ivy- thanks for the enlarged shot of the Morning Monster. The could be the new PS mascot!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results