shape
carat
color
clarity

Got a new work camera, had to practice using it...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I got a Nikon D80 for work yesterday. Up until then, the most complex camera I''d ever used was my Sony Cybershot. So, I took the work camera home to practice and I thought I''d share the results!

Sabine came over and we took a bunch of pics of our rings, only a few came out halfway decent though.

Sabine''s ring:

compressedpractice 040.jpg

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Mine

compressedpractice 033.jpg

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Once I got frustrated with ring pics, I moved on to my kitties! One was not happy to have her photo taken. I think the other might aspire to be a model though, lol. Can you guess which is which?

Our little troublemaker, Wakizashi:

evil zash compressed.jpg

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Katana:

compressedkatana3.jpg

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Katana again

compressedKatana5.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
The ring pics are pretty - but your kittahs are beautiful! Thanks for sharing, Robbie!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock

compressedkatana8.jpg

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
she knows how to work the camera

compressedkatana9.jpg

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/20/2008 12:05:48 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
The ring pics are pretty - but your kittahs are beautiful! Thanks for sharing, Robbie!
Thanks, Lauren!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
In Zashi''s defense, even though she''s a troublemaker, looks evil and wouldn''t pose nicely for any pictures, she tried to cuddle with me the whole time I was trying to shoot her.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Keep practicing Robbie , your kitties are great we want to see more pics..

angeline

Ideal_Rock
your kitty pics are hi-larious! They look so adorable.. makes me want one..

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
What sweet kitties!

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Hey, cute kitties! How do you like the D80, is it difficult to learn? I ask because I really want to get a dSLR, but I have just been using a prehistoric point and shoot digicam, so I am not sure how the transition would be. I had been considering the D40, which I am told is more user friendly, but the D80 seems to have more functionality.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/20/2008 1:52:24 PM
Author: omieluv
Hey, cute kitties! How do you like the D80, is it difficult to learn? I ask because I really want to get a dSLR, but I have just been using a prehistoric point and shoot digicam, so I am not sure how the transition would be. I had been considering the D40, which I am told is more user friendly, but the D80 seems to have more functionality.
Thanks everyone!

Omie, I still really don''t have any idea what I''m doing with the D80. The manual seems to be pretty easy to understand, but I haven''t had time to read beyond the quick setup. The cat pics were taken in auto mode and the ring pics were taken in macro.

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
It is good to know that the auto function can take some nice pictures. It must be quite heavy though, not the type of camera you can just toss into your purse!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Definitely not a purse camera! The bag for the camera and all the accessories is about the size of my camcorder case. I don''t feel like it''s super heavy, but I haven''t used it too much yet either.

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
Thats a nice camera... We just got a Nikon D60 the other day... snapped a shot of FI''s ring with it...

I wish this site would let you upload a pic bigger than 100k... =)

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/20/2008 2:51:15 PM
Author: sna77
Thats a nice camera... We just got a Nikon D60 the other day... snapped a shot of FI''s ring with it...

I wish this site would let you upload a pic bigger than 100k... =)
looks much better before having to resize a 3MB picture down to 90k!

d60-pic1-620.jpg

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
That''s a nice ring pic! I had a really hard time focusing the camera on the diamond and not everything around it, lol.

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
nice rings and cute kitties! We got a d40 for Christmas and I''m still trying to figure out how to use it. There is so much on there you can do.
We are getting a zoom lens soon so that should be fun!
It takes great pictures, though. Sometimes I am amazed at the details this camera can pick up.

Aloros

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely photographs!

The contrast between your two cats'' photos makes me laugh. You can very much see their distinctive personalities!
9.gif

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/20/2008 3:41:36 PM
Author: robbie3982
That''s a nice ring pic! I had a really hard time focusing the camera on the diamond and not everything around it, lol.

It was actually a pic of her shoe and half of her arm--ha... the resolution is so high that I was able to just crop out everything else... here''s the other one I took... I can''t figure out how to photgraph the arrows yet though...

DSC_0014-zoom.JPG

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG Katana looks so happy! What a sweetheart. That''s nice to see - I remember when you adopted her. Is Wakizashi a newer arrival?

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Firegoddess, we got Wakizashi at the beginning of October, so about 6 months after we got Katana. We felt so bad that Katana was home by herself all day while we were at work so we decided to get her a friend. We wanted to get a cat that was the exact opposite of her, so we went to a rescue place to see a black longhair male. He didn''t like us so much so we started looking around at the other cats and Zashi wouldn''t leave me alone. She wanted to be picked up and held. She was just so cute and sweet that we decided we had to take her home even though we''d heard that having 2 females isn''t always the best idea.

Everyone told us it would take weeks for them to get used to eachother and actually like eachother. I think it took just under a week. Katana didn''t like her at first, but Wakizashi persisted despite being hissed at quite frequently. Now they''re best friends and they run around playing all day while DH and I work.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Awww, your kitties are SO cute....mine run when they see the camera, they hate it so much. Lol doesn''t stop me chasing them down with it though - I wait for sleep time.

I got a D60 last month as a gift from a friend and I have gone nuts with it. (Aspiring photographer...someday, someday.) I have heard lots of good things about the D line, the D70 and D40 have rave reviews.

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
Katana is IDENTICAL to my Odin. Its funny, when I was a little girl, I always wanted a white cats with blues eyes and a pink nose. When I got older I liked cats like maus better. I never told my FI I wanted a white one when I was a kid, but he suprised me with one for our 1 year aniversary.
Here is a picture with my very bad old camera of my little one.

Set9_96.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG! What amazing cats. Seriously!!!

I love your kitties, and I''m so happy that your two females get along and are friends. You did a great thing by getting a second to keep Katana company. Their pics are wonderful. I just want to smoosh them.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/20/2008 12:05:34 PM
Author: robbie3982
Katana again
You should submit this one to a cat calendar. It''s just perfect. What a love. And the contrast of white cat blue eyes and black background is just perfect.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
You have both ceiling cat AND basement cat in your house! How awesome!!! Great pictures!

(If you have no idea what I''m talking about, go to LOL Cats and look up the terms.)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results