shape
carat
color
clarity

got 3d ring design from jeweler... opinions?

kkulbo0

Rough_Rock
I've been looking everywhere for a ring that looks identical to my girlfriends favorite cheap/fake ring and couldn't find one like it so I decided to go custom.

is it too flashy? would all the side stones take away the center stone's attention?
critiques/comments welcome!

image001.jpg

image002.jpg

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's so sweet that you're trying to have her favorite ring replicated!

I think these things are all about personal preference, so here is my personal opinion about what I'd want changed:
- Yes, I think the band is going to take the focus away from the center stone. What size is the center stone? I would want much thinner bands with that stone.
- The prongs look so heavy and they lack elegance. I would want more rounded prongs on my ring.
- The part where the head is attached to the shank looks a bit choppy to me with that section cut out in the shank. I'd want a more integrated head, that little area would really bother me.

As I said, these are all things that would bother *me*--what really matters is what your GF wants.

I don't think this ring is too flashy at all, it looks nice and modest to me.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I like the design but think the center stone would stand out more with slightly thinner bands. I also agree about the part where the head attaches to the shank. I think both bands should be on the same plane (it seems like one is resting on top of the other one?)

something more like this maybe (without milgrain, and maybe a smaller split?)
http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/home/ring-details/?product_id=5560

backwardsandinheels

Brilliant_Rock
Check out Kwiat's stacking rings. Very similar look without the center stone. Comes in colored diamonds, rose gold, very pretty. Is it an engagement ring?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Got to agree with the other ladies/men...

- bands to thick/wide
- want bands on the same plane
- head of ring not well integrated/prongs could be a lot nicer for a custom ring
- smaller split

That brian Gavin ring has the look that I would go for (except you wouldnt want the milgrain). The ring is refined looking
and elegrant.

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock
I would also guess that this style of ring is very comfortable to wear - it wouldn't spin on the finger.
I like the style and agree with the others that the bands should be thinner.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd definitely just skip custom and go with the Brian Gavin ring! You can tell them whether to put the milgrain or not.

But are you sure she'd want her engagement ring to be the same style as a casual ring she wears? It won't work well with a wedding band..just wanted to be sure you have thought about that.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results