shape
carat
color
clarity

Got 3 Engagement Rings! Which engagement ring setting do you like best?

Sacredibanez

Rough_Rock
My girlfriend and I have been looking at rings for months now. I love rings so much. My girlfriend had it narrowed down to 3 styles. Being on a ring kick, I decided to get all three.

I think proposing with all three in 1 box could be overwhelming, so I'm trying to narrow down my options with feedback. We both agreed that 1 carat looked most proportional on her little size 3 fingers, so that's what I got. I was thinking about the 6 prong or tulip for the proposal ring.
  • The tulip setting has a 1.16 carat, D, VVS2, 0 fluorescence, labgrown, super ideal cut diamond. It has thicker prongs, which are supposed to be more secure. That was a concern with buying a 4 prong for daily wear.
  • The hidden halo pave setting has a 1 carat moissanite. She loves moissanite and its rainbow fire, so I wanted to diversify and get one of those.
  • The six prong solitaire is what she wanted first, liking the very classic, plain look. It has a 1 carat moissanite. She then grew to like the others that are a little more ornate for my girlfriend who identifies as "plain Jane." Six prongs are supposed to be more secure than 4 prongs. She enjoys the snow flake look from the top.
Here's the video of all three on my pinky. I'd love to here your thoughts.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow thats kewl.
I dont think anyone here can tell you which one she would like most for the E-ring.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I couldn’t get the video to work, but they all sound great.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice of her to have choice day to day!

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
You're definitely covering all basis. Are you keeping the one ring she likes the most of the intent is to have three rings to where as she likes day to day? I personally think one of the rings should be considered 'the' ring. I'm just a bit sentimental like that lol

As for prongs, for a 1ct stone, I don't think you'll have any issues with 4 prongs if the stone has been set by a good jeweller. Six prongs will 'bulk' the stone out though, so I'd choose 6 purely for that reason. If she likes the cleaner look of 4, I wouldn't be put off by the fear of losing the stone.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
You're definitely covering all basis. Are you keeping the one ring she likes the most of the intent is to have three rings to where as she likes day to day? I personally think one of the rings should be considered 'the' ring. I'm just a bit sentimental like that lol

As for prongs, for a 1ct stone, I don't think you'll have any issues with 4 prongs if the stone has been set by a good jeweller. Six prongs will 'bulk' the stone out though, so I'd choose 6 purely for that reason. If she likes the cleaner look of 4, I wouldn't be put off by the fear of losing the stone.

monipod, your Asscher ring is so gorgeous I can't stay on topic. Is there a thread where I can learn about it?

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
monipod, your Asscher ring is so gorgeous I can't stay on topic. Is there a thread where I can learn about it?

Thank you! It was my how-do-cope-with-the-pandemic ring LOL The original thread about it is here: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/completed-asscher-3-stone-ring.262097/#post-4868778

It took a while to find the right Asscher and the reason why I moved over to lab stones. It's an L colour but everything else about the stone was perfect and well below budget.

Sorry OP :D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results