shape
carat
color
clarity

Gordon Clark Settings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

brianpi

Rough_Rock
So...I am hunting for a setting for my .65 princess cut I recently purchased. I know my soon to be likes the antique look, especially nice etching/engraving around the band. I saw GordonClark.com mentioned in a post on pricescope and I like 2 of his settings pictured there. But,it seems no jewelers in my area carry his settings. Anyone out there familiar with these settings? Anyone carry them?

P.S. I also really liked a Richard Landi setting but I was quoted 2k on it which is a bit of a stretch for my budget right now. I was hoping the gordonclark ones may be a bit more reasoanble for my budget.

Brian
NJ

singingbell

Shiny_Rock
What a coincidence! Just recently I went through the same search for a Gordon Clark retailer for a ring that I'm interested in buying for myself. Initially I tried BillBarnes.com, and the extremely responsive service rep there helped me to contact Gordon Clark and answered many questions I had. But because Gordon Clark is not one of Bill Barnes' listed designers, the ring would be a "custom order" and not returnable through Bill Barnes. So I wanted to try and find a local jeweler that carries Gordon Clark, and hopefully be able to view some samples of their workmanship before I decide to buy.

I finally went to the "Contact Us" page on GC's Web site and asked them to send me a list of their jewelers near me (I'm in Southern California). They replied with contact information for two different jewelers. You might try this if you haven't already.

I've e-mailed one of the two jewelers suggested by Gordon Clark (Altobelli's in Hollywood), but I have not heard back. It's interesting that Altobelli's Web site does not list Gordon Clark either.

brianpi

Rough_Rock
My experience with Gordonclark has been poor, I do not think I would support this company or trust their product. I e-mailed them on their "Contact Us" link and asked for a jeweler in my area who carried there product. They responded that there is none, and that I should have my local jeweler contact them. BUT...they didn't provide me a phone number and there is no phone number listed on their site. I wrote back 2 more times asking for their phone number so I can have my jeweler contact them and they WILL NOT PROVIDE ME IT. Instead they want me to ask my jeweler to e-mail them! Poor Service and what I consider Shady Business Tatctics. I would feel like an idiot walking into my jeweler and asking him to start e-mailing this company and maybe he can get lucky and obtain a phone number for them.
angryfire.gif

singingbell

Shiny_Rock
They (Gordon Clark) sure don't make it easy on us potential customers to find their products! It does seem a bit strange that they'd only accept e-mail inquiries. What if our local jeweler doesn't have e-mail/Internet capability?

Like I said, my only experience so far in my inquiry has been through Bill Barnes. I just sent the Web page address and asked if they could possibiy help me, and Jill at Bill Barnes was able to relay my questions to Gordon Clark and then e-mail the answers back to me fairly quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results