shape
carat
color
clarity

Good winter boots?

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
baby nurse|1326986850|3106649 said:
I'm looking for warm, stylish winter boots. I live in NH where it's cold and there's a lot of snow. I'm considering buying these Sorel ones because they seem warm and are definitely cute.

Anybody have a great pair of winter boots that they can recommend?

I have these, in this exact color actually. I love them. I'm a 9.5 and got a size 9. They fit beautifully and I don't really think they're overly clunky in person.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thing2of2|1327031924|3107166 said:
baby nurse|1327026579|3107114 said:
bean|1327026303|3107110 said:
Uggs are absolutely THE WORST winter boot- ever.

Yes, they are warm and so comfy..... BUT..... they are very very very veeeerrryyyy slippery on ice and fresh snow. I have almost cracked my head open several times while wearing them. I am actually scared to wear them outside when it's icy. I wear them when there isn't much snow or it's packed down. What is the point of having them then? I dunno. But they are freakin' warm!

Just, ya'know, a death trap.

Ohhhh...good to know! I've got two little ones so must be practical.

FYI, the Belcloud is a true winter boot, not like the usual Uggs that are basically slippers. The sole on mine is nice and grippy!

Thanks! I figured they were since you said they were great, but I did have my doubts about the others.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mrs. taylor|1327072257|3107425 said:
baby nurse|1326986850|3106649 said:
I'm looking for warm, stylish winter boots. I live in NH where it's cold and there's a lot of snow. I'm considering buying these Sorel ones because they seem warm and are definitely cute.

Anybody have a great pair of winter boots that they can recommend?

I have these, in this exact color actually. I love them. I'm a 9.5 and got a size 9. They fit beautifully and I don't really think they're overly clunky in person.

That's great to hear! I just found out that they carry them at our local store, sadly, not likely in my size but I'll go and try them on anyway :)) .

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LALove|1327067219|3107368 said:
I have 5 pairs of Sorels (in different heights and wear each according to what im going to be doing and how much snow there is. I live in MI where winters are cold and snowy!) I love them all! Super warm and comfy. I almost ordered the Ugg Belcloud boots just cuz they're so cute but all the stores were sold out in my size.

I have these in white for playing in deep snow with DS:
http://m.zappos.com/sorel-glacier-black~2

And I probably wear these the most for running errands:
http://m.zappos.com/sorel-caribou-shale-stone

Thanks! I'm off to the shoe store and I'll keep those first ones in mind because they do carry Sorels there. I actually have those second ones and they're great. I got them a few years ago and they're so warm and never leak. I've misplaced them but sure hope they turn up! I'm looking for new boots because of this and also 'cuz I want something a little cooler looking.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
wakingdreams53|1327034898|3107192 said:
I hate when my feet are cold so before this winter we invested in some super warm boots.
Now the ironic part is that NYC hasn't gotten any snow yet :lol:

But they're Oscar Sport and simply awesome! Apparently they're considered "apres ski" but I put them on avant going out haha.

These are really cute! I'll keep my eye out for them this afternoon at the store.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Got my boots :appl: :appl: ! I went to two stores, got the size 7s in black and LOVE THEM! The right foot is a bit big but I think an insole would probably help.

Thank you to everyone who contributed to this thread :wavey: .

black sorels.jpg

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm glad you found ones you like, Baby Nurse!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Zoe!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results