shape
carat
color
clarity

Good winter boots?

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm looking for warm, stylish winter boots. I live in NH where it's cold and there's a lot of snow. I'm considering buying these Sorel ones because they seem warm and are definitely cute.

Anybody have a great pair of winter boots that they can recommend?

sorel boot.jpg

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have you tried on those Sorel ones? They're cute but they are INSANELY wide. I tried them on and I looked like a kid wearing my dad's shoes!

I love L.L. Bean duck boots for less serious snow/rain days, and for more serious snow days I have the Ugg Belcloud, which are super cute and warm: http://www.zappos.com/ugg-belcloud

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven't tried them on but read in the reviews that they're wide. I figured I'd size down. The Uggs look great!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
They also just look insanely wide, which takes away the cuteness factor for me. They sort of look like snowboarding boots or something. But I also wear a size 10, so maybe they look less wide on a smaller size!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love Sorels..I have a pair my dad bought me in 7th grade (nice to reach your full adult size that early :rolleyes: ) and I finally just bought myself new boots a couple years ago. The Sorels have held up well but I wanted something cuter, they were just basic boots. I got Keens..but I can't recall the style..I'll have to look.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thing2of2|1326987837|3106666 said:
Have you tried on those Sorel ones? They're cute but they are INSANELY wide. I tried them on and I looked like a kid wearing my dad's shoes!

I love L.L. Bean duck boots for less serious snow/rain days, and for more serious snow days I have the Ugg Belcloud, which are super cute and warm: http://www.zappos.com/ugg-belcloud

Does it get very cold where you live? I read a review that said they weren't great if it got below 20.
I don't own any Uggs but they have such a great reputation.

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I had a pair of Columbias that looked a lot like those Sorels when I lived in Chicago. They valiantly carried me through 5 winters - and then we moved to a warmer climate and I donated them.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
packrat|1326989756|3106691 said:
I love Sorels..I have a pair my dad bought me in 7th grade (nice to reach your full adult size that early :rolleyes: ) and I finally just bought myself new boots a couple years ago. The Sorels have held up well but I wanted something cuter, they were just basic boots. I got Keens..but I can't recall the style..I'll have to look.

I have an old pair of Sorels, super warm but I've...misplaced them :roll: . I think they're somewhere in the basement but its' time for something new. These are the old ones.

Please do check your Keens!

my old sorel boots.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Also, my husband is a fan of Muck Boots..they're expensive but he loves his and they're rated from like..60 above to 40 below or some craziness. They don't have a lot of super cute women's styles tho..black is all I think. Bogs Boots do have funky designs for women and I think they're pretty similar to Mucks..they all look like rain boots in a way, they don't look super wide and clunky.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
These may not be as fashionable as some mentioned, but I have had mine for nearly 10 years and they still look as good as when I got them. They are made by a Canadian brand called Toe Warmers and are really warm as well as waterproof. I like that they are on the narrow side so when I wear them under pants, it doesn't look bulky. If I'm wearing them over narrower jeans or something they still look fine and the tread on them provides a lot of stability. Plus they're comfy and light enough to wear in the fall or spring when it's rain instead of snow. They run about $105.

ttgro123825_65015_jb1.jpg

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
I have these North Face boots http://www.zappos.com/the-north-face-abby-iii-demitasse-brown-broth-brown and I think they're fab.

Now, granted, I live in California and so mostly I just wear them in rain. However, I've also worn them stomping around snowy Washington state, and they were just as great. They don't look waterproof, but they totally are. Waterproof, incredibly warm, and really comfortable. Not to mention cute!

ETA--the bottom tread doesn't look all that impressive in the photo, but it's actually very practical. Every one of those little snowflakes is like a mini ice pick!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Those sorels you posted are adorable. I got Keen Winthrops this winter and LOVE them. They are the most comfortable thing I have ever put on my feet (I wear them inside instead of slippers and outside instead of tennis shoes whenever possible :rolleyes: )

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
baby nurse|1326990450|3106696 said:

Does it get very cold where you live? I read a review that said they weren't great if it got below 20.

It does, although maybe not that cold-I live in the Philly area. They've been plenty warm for me but I will say that I mostly just wear them to walk to public transport and back, so I don't really spend extended time in the snow.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Saw a gal wearing the Soel furry boots the other day and commented how cute and stylish they actually are IRL--she had the red plaid pattern and they looked awesome! She said they are warm....

cheers--Sharon

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hello baby nurse, I have a bit of a winter boot wardrobe :oops: I added the Sorel Tofino this year, they look alot like the joan of arctic and I love them although they are a little heavy like sorels tend to be, I wear a size 7 and my feet are wide so I guess I did not notice that they looked wide :rolleyes:

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Baby Nurse!

I went to the LL Bean Outlet in Manchester not too long ago and they had a few styles that looked good. http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/506708/0/Relevance/1?nav=ln-630... I bought a pair of boots there last year and they're comfy, high, and warm. I think they're the Gore-Tex Cresta Hikers but they look a bit taller than the ones pictured. I didn't go for the duck boot style because I don't think the soles are sturdy enough (I slip and slide all over the place in mine). I love the boots I got, and I'm sure they'll last a long time.

ETA: Have you tried Off-Broadway Shoes? They usually have a good selection of boots.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ummm, not waterproof me thinks....is that an issue for you? I have some Emu's and theya re very warm but wouldn't trust them in slush.....

Uggs are absolutely THE WORST winter boot- ever.

Yes, they are warm and so comfy..... BUT..... they are very very very veeeerrryyyy slippery on ice and fresh snow. I have almost cracked my head open several times while wearing them. I am actually scared to wear them outside when it's icy. I wear them when there isn't much snow or it's packed down. What is the point of having them then? I dunno. But they are freakin' warm!

Just, ya'know, a death trap.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1327013346|3106940 said:

Ummm, not waterproof me thinks....is that an issue for you? I have some Emu's and theya re very warm but wouldn't trust them in slush.....

Yes, they have to be waterproof! I'm not so sure about a lot of the Uggs staying dry either, other than thing2of2's Belcoulds.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
bean|1327026303|3107110 said:

Yes, they are warm and so comfy..... BUT..... they are very very very veeeerrryyyy slippery on ice and fresh snow. I have almost cracked my head open several times while wearing them. I am actually scared to wear them outside when it's icy. I wear them when there isn't much snow or it's packed down. What is the point of having them then? I dunno. But they are freakin' warm!

Ohhhh...good to know! I've got two little ones so must be practical.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Zoe|1327011247|3106913 said:
Hi Baby Nurse!

I went to the LL Bean Outlet in Manchester not too long ago and they had a few styles that looked good. http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/506708/0/Relevance/1?nav=ln-630.... I bought a pair of boots there last year and they're comfy, high, and warm. I think they're the Gore-Tex Cresta Hikers but they look a bit taller than the ones pictured. I didn't go for the duck boot style because I don't think the soles are sturdy enough (I slip and slide all over the place in mine). I love the boots I got, and I'm sure they'll last a long time.

ETA: Have you tried Off-Broadway Shoes? They usually have a good selection of boots.

Thank you, Zoe :wavey: ! Manchester is only an hour away, but I'm embarrassed to admit that I do most of my shopping online to avoid lugging my two protesting little ones along to the stores!

Off to check out the llbean.com boots...

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
artdecogirl|1327011181|3106911 said:
Hello baby nurse, I have a bit of a winter boot wardrobe :oops: I added the Sorel Tofino this year, they look alot like the joan of arctic and I love them although they are a little heavy like sorels tend to be, I wear a size 7 and my feet are wide so I guess I did not notice that they looked wide :rolleyes:

Good for you for having a winter boot wardrobe! Glad to hear that you like your Sorel Tofinos-- what color did you get? I think I may get the Joan of Arctic ones... I'll call around to see if they're available locally. I do most of my shopping online but footwear is definitely more tricky.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1327008564|3106887 said:
HI:

Saw a gal wearing the Soel furry boots the other day and commented how cute and stylish they actually are IRL--she had the red plaid pattern and they looked awesome! She said they are warm....

cheers--Sharon

Funny! I was at my 5 yr old's classmate's b-day party this weekend and saw someone wearing these boots, too, and thought they were so cool!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
baby nurse|1327026579|3107114 said:
bean|1327026303|3107110 said:

Ohhhh...good to know! I've got two little ones so must be practical.

FYI, the Belcloud is a true winter boot, not like the usual Uggs that are basically slippers. The sole on mine is nice and grippy!

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
I hate when my feet are cold so before this winter we invested in some super warm boots.
Now the ironic part is that NYC hasn't gotten any snow yet :lol:

But they're Oscar Sport and simply awesome! Apparently they're considered "apres ski" but I put them on avant going out haha.

boots.jpg

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
baby nurse|1327026843|3107116 said:
Zoe|1327011247|3106913 said:
Hi Baby Nurse!

I went to the LL Bean Outlet in Manchester not too long ago and they had a few styles that looked good. http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/506708/0/Relevance/1?nav=ln-630..... I bought a pair of boots there last year and they're comfy, high, and warm. I think they're the Gore-Tex Cresta Hikers but they look a bit taller than the ones pictured. I didn't go for the duck boot style because I don't think the soles are sturdy enough (I slip and slide all over the place in mine). I love the boots I got, and I'm sure they'll last a long time.

Thank you, Zoe :wavey: ! Manchester is only an hour away, but I'm embarrassed to admit that I do most of my shopping online to avoid lugging my two protesting little ones along to the stores!

Off to check out the llbean.com boots...

Ah, okay. I thought you were closer to Manchester, but I don't know what made me think that. Anyway, good luck on your search. Let us know what you get.

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
I have 5 pairs of Sorels (in different heights and wear each according to what im going to be doing and how much snow there is. I live in MI where winters are cold and snowy!) I love them all! Super warm and comfy. I almost ordered the Ugg Belcloud boots just cuz they're so cute but all the stores were sold out in my size.

I have these in white for playing in deep snow with DS:
http://m.zappos.com/sorel-glacier-black~2

And I probably wear these the most for running errands:
http://m.zappos.com/sorel-caribou-shale-stone

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results