shape
carat
color
clarity

Good value on two EC?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

monkeyshines

Rough_Rock
Hi all,
We''re new to this forum and pretty much to diamonds in general. In searching for an EC stone for our e-ring, here are two stones that we fell in love with. Can you guys give us an opinion about the stones and whether the prices quoted are fair? We favor stone #2, but have been told that a thin girdle is no good. We were also told the depth % is rather high, but it seems (at least to us) to create the illusion that you can look forever into the stone.

We tried to compare prices with stones of similar specs but stone #2 seems to be an unusual cut. We didn''t find anything similar to it... or maybe we just don''t know what we''re looking for.
confused.gif
Does this mean that this is an undesirable stone?

Thanks in advance for any help/opinions/advice/suggestions!

Stone #1 - 2.24c/E/VVS1 (quoted $23,900)
L/W ratio - 1.43
depth - 62.7%
table - 69%
crown - 9.2%
pavil - 50.4%
girdle - slightly thick
culet - none
fl. - none

Stone #2 - 2.33c/E/VVS2 (quoted $24,300)
L/W ratio - 1.27
depth - 69.3%
table - 65%
crown - 11.1%
pavil - 55.3%
girdle - thin
culet - none
fl. - none

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Hello!!!!

If I were you, I'd choose #2. It's a bit deep, but it has a nice crown, better than #1's. Also, I like fat stones like this 1.27:1. A thin girdle is fine. I'd have been worried if it were ext thin to v.thin.
You're mentioning the fact that #2 is ''hypnotic''... This is a VERY important thing... If it's so appealing to you, then go for it! Numbers aren't that important when it comes to fancy shapes...
1.gif

monkeyshines

Rough_Rock
Hi Giangi,
Thanks for your reply. Just curious, what makes the crown on #2 better than #1?

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
It's better cause it's higher.
1.gif

Actually I prefer 12-15% crowns, but I'm VERY picky. An 11.1% crown is fine.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results