shape
carat
color
clarity

Good speech from HRC

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I listened to most of the speech earlier, kenny, and considered posting it here. However, since I had had no time to hear the ending, I didn't want to do so. I hope with it posted here, I'll be able to catch all of the speech at some point. I thought it was great. She really, really went after Trump. She didn't pull any punches! I mean, she told the unvarnished truth about him, quoting him again and again...and nothing could be more frightening than that!

Deb :wavey:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
At this stage it was smart of her to not once mention Bernie Sanders.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1464914672|4039600 said:
I listened to most of the speech earlier, kenny, and considered posting it here. However, since I had had no time to hear the ending, I didn't want to do so. I hope with it posted here, I'll be able to catch all of the speech at some point. I thought it was great. She really, really went after Trump. She didn't pull any punches! I mean, she told the unvarnished truth about him, quoting him again and again...and nothing could be more frightening than that!

Deb :wavey:

Hillary told the truth?????? :shock:
Sorry, couldn't resist..... :lol: ;-)

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1464917818|4039620 said:

Only because Trump made it so easy for her. Her speechwriter deserves a huuuuyge raise. She needs to soundly win Calif to not lose face to Sanders and her political machine is running at peak performance. She's a liar, but she's a savvy liar.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I admit, I didn't listen to the speech because I have zero interest. I clicked on the thread because initially, I didn't know what HRC was. It's just that the door was WIDE open for that joke, soooooooo..... :D No harm done I hope =)

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1464921901|4039654 said:
I admit, I didn't listen to the speech because I have zero interest. I clicked on the thread because initially, I didn't know what HRC was. It's just that the door was WIDE open for that joke, soooooooo..... :D No harm done I hope =)

Bah, I enjoyed the joke. I didn't know what HRC was either and morbid curiosity made me click the link. She did a great job. I don't like her one bit and it kills me to even acknowledge that she did a great job. I expect my finger tips to turn black and fall off just for typing those words. I'm resigned to her presidency. Liar that she is, she's still more human than Trump (imho).

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata|1464923851|4039670 said:
... She did a great job. I don't like her one bit and it kills me to even acknowledge that she did a great job. I expect my finger tips to turn black and fall off just for typing those words. I'm resigned to her presidency. Liar that she is, she's still more human than Trump (imho).

+1

When I vote for her I will hold my nose.

Lesser of two evils.
MUCH less!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata|1464918648|4039631 said:

Only because Trump made it so easy for her. Her speechwriter deserves a huuuuyge raise. She needs to soundly win Calif to not lose face to Sanders and her political machine is running at peak performance. She's a liar, but she's a savvy liar.
That will not happen too close to call, and if Clinton run as a 3rd term Obama then she'll lose to Trump.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love how she said that Trump insulted the German Chancellor, the Mayor of London, the president of Mexico and the Pope!
Ps...He also recently insulted the Governor of New Mexico.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I think that speech was the best I have heard from her. I felt there was a chance she could win. I almost became a convert to Bernie Sanders last week. I like him, and I not only don't like her, I can't stand the thought of Bill back in the White House. A twofer, doesn't make me happy. But. Trump is so awful and really scary to me(I suspect some mental illness) I will probably happily race to the polls to vote for her.( I vote absentee ballot, so no real running). Oh Boy, who would have ever thunk!

Annette

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
I agree that Clinton had a much better delivery. She needed to work on that, and it seems she has. No screaming and more natural. She also did a good job listing Trump's gaffs and weaknesses.
On the other hand, Trump's retort was rediculous. He missed a great opportunity to list Clinton's failed foreign policies. If he doesn't up his game, he has no chance.
Horrible candidates, both, but I still say she is worse. And that is saying a lot.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is everyone aware of the irony in calling HRC a liar when her opponent is 100x the lit she is?

It would be great if we could put the label where it belongs.

She's not my favorite, but this whole liar thing is tired.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
House Cat|1464999004|4039939 said:
Is everyone aware of the irony in calling HRC a liar when her opponent is 100x the lit she is?

Yeah, let's talk about Benghazi and her emails... :devil:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lying is not as big an issue as being able to manage global affairs. Clinton was the Secretary of State, and competent at her job. She knows what countries are doing what with whom. She knows who is at war with each other country; who is whose ally, potential ally, and sworn enemy. She will not mix up a Sunni Muslim with a Kurd. She will understand her morning security briefings. Donald Trump will not want to take the time to figure anything new out and he doesn't know any of this stuff yet. He will just get angry at anyone who "disses" him. He's shallow and nutty. So he's a danger. Lies are of no moment when there are nuclear weapons at hand.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1465004055|4039954 said:
Lying is not as big an issue as being able to manage global affairs. Clinton was the Secretary of State, and competent at her job. She knows what countries are doing what with whom. She knows who is at war with each other country; who is whose ally, potential ally, and sworn enemy. She will not mix up a Sunni Muslim with a Kurd. She will understand her morning security briefings. Donald Trump will not want to take the time to figure anything new out and he doesn't know any of this stuff yet. He will just get angry at anyone who "disses" him. He's shallow and nutty. So he's a danger. Lies are of no moment when there are nuclear weapons at hand.

Oh, Deb, I couldn't agree more!
I'll add "loose cannon" to that description as well.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1465007724|4039971 said:
This is Obamanomics. Tell Clinton we don't wanna see 4 more yrs of this slow/zero job growth. Only 38,000 new jobs for the month of May... :knockout: We may have to support our 28 old yr. daughter till she is 35 yrs old... ;(

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/hiring-really-is-slowing-down/

And this relates to her speech in what way, Dancing Fire? Or you just wanted to let kenny get ahead of you in the count for starting new threads so you thought you would add it to this thread rather than to start a new one?

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the speech was pretty brilliant... calculated to draw his ire and taunt him into making an *ss of himself, but using his own words as a way of "not leaving any fingerprints."

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1465008674|4039979 said:
Dancing Fire|1465007724|4039971 said:
This is Obamanomics. Tell Clinton we don't wanna see 4 more yrs of this slow/zero job growth. Only 38,000 new jobs for the month of May... :knockout: We may have to support our 28 old yr. daughter till she is 35 yrs old... ;(

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/hiring-really-is-slowing-down/

And this relates to her speech in what way, Dancing Fire? Or you just wanted to let kenny get ahead of you in the count for starting new threads so you thought you would add it to this thread rather than to start a new one?
Deb.
You are right ...I should wait till she talks about our economy. This is one topic that Clinton must avoid at all cause in order to beat Trump in Nov. The other topic is about her Emails. Sanders may let her slide but Trump will not let her off the hook so easily.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
smitcompton|1464974767|4039844 said:
Hi,

I think that speech was the best I have heard from her. I felt there was a chance she could win. I almost became a convert to Bernie Sanders last week. I like him, and I not only don't like her, I can't stand the thought of Bill back in the White House. A twofer, doesn't make me happy. But. Trump is so awful and really scary to me(I suspect some mental illness) I will probably happily race to the polls to vote for her.( I vote absentee ballot, so no real running). Oh Boy, who would have ever thunk!

Annette
What else can she say??

I have no idea what happened in Benghazi?
I got the best of Putin?
I didn't know what was going on in Libya?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1465013143|4040003 said:
What else can she say??

I got the best of Putin?

Well what could Trump say?

I had no idea I was married to Ivana while I was having an affair in public with Marla Maples?
I didn't know that calling women pigs was ungentlemanly?
I like to marry foreign women because they know their places. I only married an American (Marla Maples) because my daddy forced me to since she was pregnant?
I didn't know threatening federal judges was against the law?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1465014545|4040014 said:
What else can she say??

I got the best of Putin?

I had no idea I was married to Ivana while I was having an affair in public with Marla Maples?
If I was Hillary I'd keep my mouth shut about affairs. Trump will be screaming ... Monica, where are you :!: ? I think Bill needs another.... :silenced:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1465015842|4040018 said:
What else can she say??

I got the best of Putin?

If I was Hillary I'd keep my mouth shut about affairs.

Unlike Mr. Trump, MRS. Clinton has nothing to be ashamed of.

BTW...I don't know enough presidential trivia to know if there was any other president who was married three times (someone who was widowed, I mean). But I know for sure that Trump would be the first president on his third marriage with two DIVORCES under his belt. Sort of the Wallis Simpson of the twenty-first century...and equally appealing morally. :wavey:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
House Cat|1464999004|4039939 said:

Exactly! She's not my favorite either (I prefer Sanders), but calling HER a liar when Trump is the alternative is laughable and more than a little ironic. If she wins the nomination I will happily vote for her in order to avoid the atrocity and disaster that Trump is (not to mention what would happen to women's rights under his watch...ugh).

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1465016831|4040022 said:
Dancing Fire|1465015842|4040018 said:
What else can she say??

I got the best of Putin?

If I was Hillary I'd keep my mouth shut about affairs.

Unlike Mr. Trump, MRS. Clinton has nothing to be ashamed of.

BTW...I don't know enough presidential trivia to know if there was any other president who was married three times (someone who was widowed, I mean). But I know for sure that Trump would be the first president on his third marriage with two DIVORCES under his belt. Sort of the Wallis Simpson of the twenty-first century...and equally appealing morally. :wavey:

Grr. Have we not gotten over the fact that divorces happen??? That is a terrible reason to withhold a vote. I am really sick of hearing about the number of marriages a candidate has had. :blackeye:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1465033994|4040071 said:
Grr. Have we not gotten over the fact that divorces happen??? That is a terrible reason to withhold a vote. I am really sick of hearing about the number of marriages a candidate has had. :blackeye:

My best friend is her husband's fifth or sixth wife...and they've been very happily married for 15 years. I love them. I am selective in whom I hold it against. I hold divorces against Trump. He's running as a Republican, the party that sanctifies marriage, and all he does is objectify women. Ogle them. Have contests for them on their looks only. Rate them on their looks when he sees them socially. Marry foreign women who will be more submissive. Cheat on his wives publicly. Get divorces in time that wives miss out on pre-nup contract deadlines. Brag about how he makes them sign the pre-nups. And so on ad nauseum. People should hold it against him that he has another trophy wife. That's just how he uses her: like a trophy. "Look what I own. I own Melania. I can show this off instead of Heidi Cruz if I get into The White House."

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1465044285|4040093 said:
monarch64|1465033994|4040071 said:

My best friend is her husband's fifth or sixth wife...and they've been very happily married for 15 years. I love them. I am selective in whom I hold it against. I hold divorces against Trump. He's running as a Republican, the party that sanctifies marriage, and all he does is objectify women. Ogle them. Have contests for them on their looks only. Rate them on their looks when he sees them socially. Marry foreign women who will be more submissive. Cheat on his wives publicly. Get divorces in time that wives miss out on pre-nup contract deadlines. Brag about how he makes them sign the pre-nups. And so on ad nauseum. People should hold it against him that he has another trophy wife. That's just how he uses her: like a trophy. "Look what I own. I own Melania. I can show this off instead of Heidi Cruz if I get into The White House."

Understood.

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1464970956|4039808 said:
Matata|1464918648|4039631 said:

That will not happen too close to call, and if Clinton run as a 3rd term Obama then she'll lose to Trump.

Oh silly DF, when will you learn? If Obama himself could run for a 3rd term, he'd would win AGAIN! :dance: :D

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...winner_of_the_2016_campaign_obama_130755.html

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DF, the US Constitution allows a president a third term if born in Kenya! ;))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results