carat
color
clarity

Good speech from HRC

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata|1465096890|4040345 said:

I read it, Matata, then I read the comments posted after it. My mother, a very far left liberal, used to have a subscription to, "The National Review" coming to our house for many years while I was growing up. She wanted to understand the point of view of the people who had a differing world view from her. She respected William Buckley's mind. I was one of those people who watched the Gore Vidal/William Buckley debates and now have bought the DVD so that I can see them again as an adult. I say all this as a preface so that I can make it clear that I can read the point of view of the right wing for comprehension.

The article, although brief, was well-written. The author made his point coherently. I did note that he had a huge bias against Hillary Clinton because he was from the extreme right, being a Senior Editor of, "The National Review", however. I am not an expert on many of the matters about which he made pronouncements, such as that e-mail would not be classified if used on a private server, etc. He made his statements as if they were true and that he needed to offer no facts to back them up.

When read the readrs' comments, several of the author's pronouncements about secretary Clinton were contradicted by posters.

One poster said that the author was wrong about the classification of e-mails on a private server. Another questioned the author's use of the term "secret" (which implies deliberate intent to keep away from the eyes of authorities) instead of "private".

Many people who responded said that only Secretary Clinton's enemies cared about these e-mails. No one who supported her was changing his vote based on some new revelation.

Here is one comment that I felt was particularly helpful in response to the article:

"I got to the 7th paragraph and just couldn't take anymore of this obvious 'hit piece' by a 'Journalist' with an agenda.
2nd paragraph- use of the word 'secret' over private.
3rd paragraph- invokes intent and is opinion not fact. Should it be noted that the previous 3 Secretaries of State could be painted with the same broad brush?
7th paragraph (where i just couldn't take anymore)- the first sentence is an out and out lie. Email classifications change on circumstance and aren't necessarily 'Born classified'. The writer knows better (or at least should know better).
So what we have here is an amazing set of falsehoods and half truths. You can take them to suit your agenda. If you distrust Ms. Clinton cut and paste away, but know that you are validating yellow journalist at it's finest. If you support Ms. Clinton, do further research and use this opinion piece to temper your knowledge base."

AGBF :read:

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Many people have legitimate concerns about Hillary's honesty & integrity.
Just because Trump might seem to have bigger issues that HRC, doesn't necessarily impact how someone feels about Hillary. For some of us, our feelings about presidential candidates are independent from each other. In other words, I judge a candidate for who they are and not by judging them against another candidate (I don't feel HRC is any "better" because Trump is such a mess). I don't call HRC a liar because it's the trendy thing to do. I call her her that because I truly believe that she is a very dishonest person. Yes, I question the honesty and integrity of trump too, but that doesn't change how I feel about Hillary, so I don't have an issue with people labeling her a liar and labeling him as one too.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I believe Jonah Goldberg was an active participant advocating for the impeachment of Bill Clinton in the 90's. He is a very biased person against the Clintons. I think(not sure) his mother was the person Linda Tripp talked to about Bill Clinton's sexual activities with Monica Lewinski and helped make them public.

No one from the Gov't has refuted her claim the emails marked top secret were reclassified after the fact. But I have no doubt she wanted her emails private s no one could see them. Her actions were for avoidance purposes. Why should she try to hide things?
Her intent is clear, to me. So, too, Is Jonah Goldbergs.

Annette

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
smitcompton|1465148548|4040514 said:
I believe Jonah Goldberg was an active participant advocating for the impeachment of Bill Clinton in the 90's. He is a very biased person against the Clintons. I think(not sure) his mother was the person Linda Tripp talked to about Bill Clinton's sexual activities with Monica Lewinski and helped make them public.

You have a great memory, Annette. I had to look it up! Here is an excerpt from an old, "Washington Post" article.

Literary Agent Was Behind Secret Tapes

Saturday, January 24, 1998

"The woman who surreptitiously taped former White House intern Monica Lewinsky talking about an alleged affair with President Clinton did so at the suggestion of her literary agent, a fierce critic of Clinton. Lucianne Goldberg, a friend of Linda Tripp, the former White House aide who did the taping, also helped bring the Lewinsky allegations to Newsweek magazine, according to a source with firsthand knowledge of the meeting. Goldberg, 62, makes no secret of her anti-Clinton animus. 'What I'm glad about is he's getting caught,' she said of Clinton yesterday. 'At something. If it took this to get him, fine.' She said she had been 'furious' at newspaper coverage of Clinton for the last five years because journalists did not do enough about Whitewater, 'Hillary's phony stock deal' and other allegations of corruption. If the president's lawyer had attacked her credibility the way he had Tripp's, Goldberg said, 'I'd be on the lawn of the White House with a deer rifle.' She added: 'I'm a hero if this thing comes out the way my, quote, agenda would like to see it come out.'"

AGBF :read:

Abril

Shiny_Rock
With the Trump U. lawsuit and rumors of non-billionaire status, Trump is starting to implode. I wonder if he will drop out before November?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Abril|1465246173|4040865 said:
With the Trump U. lawsuit and rumors of non-billionaire status, Trump is starting to implode. I wonder if he will drop out before November?
Nahhh, by then Hillary will be in jail ... :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results