shape
carat
color
clarity

Good specs?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jeffnj

Rough_Rock
I just looked at a Radiant...and I thought it looked much more "sparkly" than other ones I have seen. Any feedback on these specs would be appreciated

F
VS1
table: 67
polish: Excellent
symmetry: Very Good
girdle: slightly thick-thick
depth: 68.9
measurments: 5.53, 5.40, 3.72

cmcwill

Shiny_Rock
Hi Jeffnj!
That looks really nice! I would love to find a stone that large with that size table. Nicrez and Valeria, is this a good stone all around?

Ps- do you have any pics yet?

Colleen

jeffnj

Rough_Rock
no pics yet, I just looked at it in the store, didn't buy it. I'm trying to get some opinions on it

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All good... but this is a near-square stone. Is this what you are after ?

jeffnj

Rough_Rock
yeah, my gf likes the square radiants. I thought they we're a square cut but I was told today that most are rectangular and that they are not very popular. Is this true?

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Jeff it sounds like a lovely stone, and you yourself said it looked more sparkly than others. Have you seen many to compare it to? I usualy notice the stone with depth and table under 70% TEND to be more sparkly. It just seems the magic angles happen in those lower percents.

It also seems to fall under a classic 2B- Internation Fine Trade Cut in the AGA charts. It sounds lovely!

http://diamonds.pricescope.com/fnc2.asp

Do you mind my asking what their price is? You should probably expect about 15% off Rap if you are lucky, I would always bargain it down, and never seem TOO eager, but try to get the one you really like by the haggle method...."I don't like it all THAT much, another one I saw was nicer, but she really wants a SQUARE one like this..."

Good find JeffNJ!!
9.gif
appl.gif

jeffnj

Rough_Rock
the price they gave me was 4200. I don't know how much room there is there to hagle

cmcwill

Shiny_Rock
Is there a way to find Crown height from a GIA cert diamond? Do you need to get it independently appraised to find that information?

Thanks!

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Ok, here is a price quote from Solomon Brothers for a .85ct. F, VVS2, D=69%, T=64% GIA cert at $2,869. That said, I don't think you should pay over 15% premium on this stone for it's cut. It's not Radiant Cut by Henry Grossbard to command ANY premium, but let's argue that it is cut well, and better than most (which it IS), so 15% over market price on a generic stone is OK. More is just pure profit.

I guestimate Solomon Bros to be about market (when they tend to be a bit pricier), so you should argue it down to $3,299.35. If you really like it, $3500, and NO MORE!!! Tell them that their prices are not competitive, and you can easily go to get a "real" Grossbard at

http://www.radiantcut.com even if you don't, tell them their RAP states a price for a TOP stone that is well cut, and the REAL price is what's on market. Don't let them bully you!!!

jeffnj

Rough_Rock
so you think I can get them down to $3500? I like to negotiate price on things I buy but I'm still unclear on what I can use as an argument

jeffnj

Rough_Rock
also, has anyone heard of square radiant cuts being unpopular? I talked to a guy who said he could get a great price because no one wants them

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 3/2/2004 2:49:04 PM jeffnj wrote:

also, has anyone heard of square radiant cuts being unpopular? I talked to a guy who said he could get a great price because no one wants them----------------

Nope, never heard of this.

On the other hand... square diamonds came en vogue with the Asscher, Rrincess, HOF square, Isee square, Regent (H&A square), Flanders... etc. All these are brand names for square stones... square rads are sometimes called "box" radiants. Better cuts (after whatever the industry recognizes as a good cut, the AGA charts would give you an idea of this) do command a premium, even if the stone is not branded (as Grossbard's radiants) only not THAT much premium. The price on your stone reflects not only a premium on cut (which is rather good, given the numbers available) but also the typical B&M premium. Prices quoted online are typically lower, for the very same product given business considerations only.

Hope this 0.2 worth helps...

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Didn't have to look too far for price references either... you may want to do some 5min more of hunting within your color and clarity range (that I do not know). Square-ness does not make much (if any) price difference either way. Perfectly square stones and those approaching 1.5:1 LXw ration (which is considered 'desirable' in rectangular rads) are harder to find and sellers may specialize in providing either squares or non-squares, and this does move price down a bit on the shape the seller Does not specialize in - just a hunch, of course.

rad.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results