shape
carat
color
clarity

good price or not?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wtippen

Rough_Rock
i have found a 2.02 karat round diamond. Clarity SI2 and color D, with a very nice cut. The larger inclusions are also on the sides where the prongs will be put. It was graded by a GIA certified gemologist, but it does not have a certificate. I have seen the diamond in a store here in town. It is priced at 12,700. Is that a good deal or not? I was also wandering if it is bad that the clarity is real low and the color is real high. Is that bad to have that much difference in the two?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
If the diamond has GIA or AGS grading report and very good cut indeed, then the price sounds good.

You might want to post more info from grading report.

JayTee

Rough_Rock
SI2 is not all that low when you are considering the entire index. Supposedly SI1 and below people can see inclusions with the naked eye, but since you can actually see the stone in a store, you can make that determination yourself whether the inclusions bother you. Sometimes its a matter of personal preference.

In my search, there were stones which were graded as VS1 or VS2 which I chose not to consider because I didn't like where the inclusions were (such as directly under the table) or the types of inclusions (black crystals, long feathers, etc.) Again, this is something you need to decide for yourself. You might want to ask the jeweler for something in a higher clarity grade and see if you can tell the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results