shape
carat
color
clarity

Good Price or Not? From Shane Co

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ductyler

Rough_Rock
Hello all,

I am new to this forum but I have read a lot of reviews, comments, and opinions and have found them to be very informative.

To get straight to the point,

I brought a diamond from Shane Co yesterday for 17442.00;
This price include a solitaire platinum tiffany style setting and
a 2.17 I Color, VS2 Clarity, 62 Table, 59 Depth, Thin to Medium Girdle, No Culet, and No Flourescence Diamond with a GIA certificate.
Original asking price for Diamond alone was 20535.00...if that means anything.

Did I pay too much? Need replies fast because I can still return within 30 days.

Thanks,

Tyler

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Well you could have gotten an Ideal Hearts & Arrows diamond for $16,438.00

2.063ct, I color, VS2, Depth=60.1, Table=56 for $16,438.00

Your stone COULD be a decent price, but hoenstly, I am not a fan of the cut. Are you sure you don't have the table and depth confused? I would prefer a depth larger than the table, because that's one large facing stone if it's correct!

Also, any info on the crown and pavillion angles to run the numbers through the HCA?

In your opinion, how does the stone look? Have you seen many others? Did this one stand out? How long have you been looking? What are your buying priorities? Size for less? Great cut?

ductyler

Rough_Rock
Hi Nicrez,

I did get the table and depth numbers confused,

IT IS 62 depth and 59 Table.

I have been looking for about a month and a half now and have been to Tiffany's (way over price and unwilling to negotiate), Baileys Bank and Biddle (they rate their color weird they have such rating as G-H and H-I), Shaneco, BlueNile (High Price Fluctuations for similar stones from 15500 to 19000), and finally here (lowest prices).

I have looked at somewhere between 40 to 50 stones ranging from 1.5 to 2.5 carats, E to J in color, VVS1 to SI2 in clarity, and Ideal to average cut.

I decided to buy when I compared my stone with 4 others all of similar size but with cut grade ranging from ideal to good and color ranging from F to I (1 I, 2 G, 1 F). Even though the color was lower than some of the others I thought it had more sparkle and fire.

As for crown and pavilion angles I do no have the stats but what are good numbers to look for?

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results