shape
carat
color
clarity

Good Price & Megascope from OGI

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tyroiii

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I was just at the diamond district in NYC today and think that I''ve found a diamond. I placed a deposit down, but would like to know if the price is good. The diamond has a GIA certificate, but does not have a AGS cert. However, the person took me upstairs to a lab and they ran a sarin report using megascope from OGI. Has anyone heard of this device? It shows that the diamond is AGS 0, but I thought AGS 0 can not have a good symmetry. The other thing is that depth and table from the sarin report doesn''t match the GIA cert. Please let me know if I''m getting a good diamond.
Would the diamond be considered a H&A diamond?

Here are the specs to the diamond:
GIA:
Weight: 1.75 carat
Depth: 62.9%
Table: 57%
Girdle: thin to slightly thick
Cutlet: none
Polish: good
Symmetry:good
Clarity: VS2
Color: E
Fluor: None

OGI Megascope Report:
Weight: 1.750ct
Depth: 62.6%
Crown Angle: 35.2
Crown Height:15.3%
Pavil Angle: 41.4
Pavil Height:43.6%
Cutlet: 0.3%
Table: 57.5%
Girdle: 1.8%
Porportion: 0

Price: $15,000

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Charley

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi Tyroii,

Actually that diamond was ran on old OGI MegaScope software as that diamond would NOT get an AGS "0" for proportions today having a pavilion angle that is greater than 41.2 degrees. A 62.9% depth is another red flag (yet could be alleviated if the crown/pavilion relationship were excellent) however that is not the case with this diamond. With GIA good/good and the combination of proportions you have there the chances are slim to none that this diamond is an H&A. Even if it where 35.2 degree crown angles with 41.4 pavilion angles = an optical disaster. If you really are looking for the most brilliant and fiery diamond possible for your $$$ my advice would be to pass.

If you'd like to learn more about the OGI MegaScope we have a page on that in our tutorial which you can read at this link. http://www.goodoldgold.com/cutanalysis101.htm

If you have any questions feel free to ask. There are many more reports the OGI can generate which tell you more info about the diamond which you'll learn about at that link.

Kind regards,
Rhino

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade

tyroiii

Rough_Rock
Thanks Rhino for your insight. I've passed on the stone and am looking this stone now.

Please let me know if this is a good diamond. It scores pretty well on HCA, but my concern is that it's a G color and I really like the color of an E. I am also concern with the thin girdle.

Weight: 1.760ct
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry:Excellent
Clarity: VS1
Color: G
Fluor: None
Depth: 69.7%
Crown Angle: 33.8
Crown Height:14.3%
Pavil Angle: 40.9
Pavil Height:42.7%
Cutlet: 0.3%
Table: 57.9%
Girdle: 1.2%
Porportion: 1

Thanks,
Charley

DiamondExpert

Brilliant_Rock
Looks like you are going from "not too good" to "worse". If that depth % is correct you will be paying for a lot of diamond you won't be able to see.

Also, if you like the look of an E color, why are you continuing to look at G stones? I, in fact, think that if you saw a really beautifully cut ideal with all the right proportions and angles in an F or G color, it might look quite good to your eye. Not all ideal cuts are created equal.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
I think depth is 59.7%
1.gif

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
That would be a typo as Giangi says.
This should be a very nice stone.
Use an appraiser if you should not have complete confidence.

Very few people would be able to tell the difference between E and G.

tyroiii

Rough_Rock
Sorry my bad. It was a typo as Giangi has stated. The depth is 59.7%. I'm leaning towards the diamond because the cut seems to affect the diamond more than the color. The G VS1 is also cheaper than E VS2 as the resaler uses heavy reliance on the rapport report.

Is $13,500 a good price for this diamond?

Thanks,
Charley

lucy

Rough_Rock
personally, if i was anywhere near NY I would go look at good old golds stones. luckily for my husband we live in California or I'd be in there every day poking around at the new stuff. Even if it's just to get some great tutorial info, contact Jonathan. I am beyond happy with my purchase there and i am very very picky.
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results