shape
carat
color
clarity

Good or Bad Stone Deal?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

drodrig16

Rough_Rock
Still shopping but I have this stone on deposit before I realized I could find diamonds online TAX FREE!!!

Round
H
SI1
61 Depth
59 Table
Thin to Med
VG
VG
Faint

$6000 includes plat 3mm 4 prong setting and sales tax.

What ya think of the stone & package.

Will the faint hurt the stone or not have any effect and better my pocket book.

Still trying to find one online, but I may not have enough time so, this is my backup plan what ya think?

Thanks in advance!

geo10000

Rough_Rock
Hello Steve, seems like to good price being from a brick and mortar jeweler, especially is there are perks like full value trade-ins, sizings, prong checks etc... The faint fluorescence has no effect on the diamond's value.
Make sure you have the diamond ring and diamond grading report checked with an independant appraiser to verify the proportions and quality grades you gave. Good luck.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Call me anal but there are a few variables left out that you may want to consider before plunking down 6k.

1. Are the inclusions in this Si1 visible or not with the human eye?
2. Are they black inclusions under the table or are they white?
3. What are the crown/pavilion angles?
4. With what lab is this stone certed with?
5. How is the light return of this diamond and has it been compared to others of known excellency?
6 ... etc. etc. etc.

To *me* 6k is alot of $$$ and I'd want some more data before I spent that much money and felt comfortable about it. If it's no matter to you though then go for it. :twirl: If you'd like to see and familiarize yourself with information that's not shared with you on a GIA Report alone you may want to pay our website a visit and check out the chapters on cut. It can only help and perhaps inspire you to ask some questions with your local's you've never thought to ask.

Peace,
Rhino

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results