shape
carat
color
clarity

good or bad girdle? Need your help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fsg89

Rough_Rock
I would like to know about Girdle. The Girdle measurement is 0.9% to 1.7 %. That is for 0.53 ct. Is it going to be chip?:read:

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Nope. It's a "thin to medium" girdle, progressing from top-end of the thin range to the medium range.

Shouldn't be any problem.

Rich, GG
Sarasota Gemological Laboratory

fsg89

Rough_Rock
Which do you prefer over GIA or AGS certified? I purchase a stone which is 0.53ct D VS2 with ideal cut AGS 0(grade).
I am little lost because I showed my stone to apprasial to check if it is match to AGS report. The Appraiser said It is not VS2! Because of 3 crystal are in the center of the stone which himself graduate GIA who grade for SI1. WHAT do you think of VS2 or SI1 for my stone with 3 crystals ?

And also WHAT'S the value for 0.53 D VS2 with ideal cut and ideal polish and symmetry and none flurosence???

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
-----------
Which do you prefer over GIA or AGS certified?
-----------

I like the grading on both equally as well. I prefer the AGS report overall because of the additional information it gives regarding cut proportions.

-----------
I purchase a stone which is 0.53ct D VS2 with ideal cut AGS 0(grade).
-----------

Wow. Nice stone...

-----------
I am little lost because I showed my stone to apprasial to check if it is match to AGS report. The Appraiser said It is not VS2!
-----------

I admire his chutzpah, disagreeing with the industry "Gods".

-----------
Because of 3 crystal are in the center of the stone which himself graduate GIA who grade for SI1. WHAT do you think of VS2 or SI1 for my stone with 3 crystals?
-----------

Without seeing the diamond, if I had to take one appraiser's opinion over the AGS laboratory's opinion, I'd go with the AGS lab. They have more than one gemologist inspect the stone before arriving at the final grade, and are known for being stringent graders. Three crystals under the table don't automatically knock a stone down to an SI category. It depends on the size, color, location, and transparency of the crystals.

-----------
And also WHAT'S the value for 0.53 D VS2 with ideal cut and ideal polish and symmetry and none flurosence???
-----------

A good way to determine that would be to compare it with similar stones right here on the PriceScope listings. Just do a search.

Rich, GG
Sarasota Gemological Laboratory

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results