shape
carat
color
clarity

Good Old Gold visit today-purchasing Octavia

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

debi1960

Shiny_Rock
Hi Everyone!

My husband and I visited Jonathan at Good Old Gold. It was such a pleasure talking and getting educated by Jonathan. He has such a passion for diamonds-and he loved showing us all of his gadgets.

We looked at Asscher cuts, Octavia Asscher cuts, August Vintage Cushion, August Vintage Round (D-color!!!), Regular Cushion cut.

Our favorites were the August Vintage Cushion cut and the Octavia Asscher cuts.

We chose the 1.60 Octavia Asscher for its brilliance and light performance. It was sooo beautiful. It is going to AGS or GIA to get graded, and when it comes back it will be set in a Verraggio setting.

Marie was so nice to work with as well. I tried on so many settings. We really wanted a simpler setting than I thought I would want- because the Octavia itself is so beautiful and different.

Jonathan spent over 2 hours with us teaching us all of the different ways to look at a diamond and what to look for when you want a great cut stone. He was so much fun to work with and he really took the time to explain everything we needed to know to make an informed decision.

I saw a "D" color diamond- and it was so white it almost looked blue. It was beautiful.

The Octavia stone I ended up with will probably grade at VS1 / I color. The other stone we looked at was a vs2/G - and you really couldn''t tell them apart.

So in about 4 weeks I will have my new diamond, and I can''t wait to post pictures here!!!

We are so happy we went to Good Old Gold, it was such a great experience. I loved that I could see the diamonds in person.

starshine

Shiny_Rock
36.gif
Congrats on your Octavia! Can''t wait to see pics!
36.gif

What size was the D colored AVR?
31.gif

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
OOOhhhh, I am so jealous!! Only kidding!! Congratulations. I can''t wait to see your new ring!

I also hope to go visit GOG one day. Lucky, lucky you!!!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations.
Can't wait to see your pics.
36.gif

How would you compare the Octavia to regular asschers?

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your diamond purchase. The two new ones got sold so quickly that I didn''t even get a chance to see it on the website.

Jon definetly has passion! I have never met anyone else as passionate about diamonds as he is. Jon is exactly like his videos!

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations from me too!!!! I can''t wait to see your new ring
36.gif
36.gif
35.gif

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Congrates!!!!!

And thank you :}

CasaBlanca

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/20/2010 8:31:00 PM
Author: Karl_K
Congrates!!!!!

This is so thrilling to witness!
36.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am so jealous! Cannot wait to see photos!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Please, please, please say you will post pics for us. I can''t wait to see your ring! Congratulations on such a wonderful (and gorgeous no doubt) purchase!

debi1960

Shiny_Rock
Let''s see, I don''t remember the exact size of the Round Vintage Cushion "D" color- because we were only looking at it to compare colors. I think it was 1 carat or less.

I saw some august vintage rounds that were L, or M or higher in color and they looked great- you could only tell when looking at it from the side that it was yellowish. It looked beautiful from the top.

As far as the asscher vs. the octavia asscher. I loved the asschers that Jonathan had, but when comparing them to the August Vintage Cushion and Octavia - they did not compare.

The regular asschers have a definite step pattern through out and that in itself is beautiful. I thought that the light reflected better off of the Cushion and Octavia, and that the regular asscher looked a little darker on the sides than the others.

When we compared the regular asschers to the cushion and octavia- they were eliminated immediately.

Really the Octavia is the best of both worlds- it just has this real uniqueness to it - and it has all this fire to it that makes it so sparkly. The August cushion was a close second to me- probably because the facets were cut bigger - and I guess I preferred the cuts of the Octavia.

KarlK- thanks so much for creating this beautiful stone. I cannot wait to wear it and have everyone ask- what is that??? It is amazing!!

I definitely will post pics. And Jonathan said he would make me a video of it too. But we all have to wait 4 weeks!!!!

The verragio setting I got was the split shank. I believe it''s the couture collection. It''s very delicate looking and it seemed to look great with the Octavia cut stone.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can you post a picture of the setting? I would love to see it! I love a split shank with a square/step cut stone
30.gif

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!! How exciting!!
36.gif
36.gif

debi1960

Shiny_Rock
I think this is the setting I picked. I can confirm the style number with her on Tuesday.

http://www.verragio.com/Verragio-Engagement-Rings/Couture-Engagement-Rings/COUTURE-0378#section1

I can''t get it to link. I think it is very close to this setting or is this setting. The diamonds around the asscher look smaller in person, and the diamond peeking out from under looks like the size of a head of a pin. So, I am thinking this photograph is really magnitized.

Can someone please fix my link - Thanks.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2010 11:05:38 PM
Author: debi1960
I think this is the setting I picked. I can confirm the style number with her on Tuesday.

http://www.verragio.com/Verragio-Engagement-Rings/Couture-Engagement-Rings/COUTURE-0378#section1

I can''t get it to link. I think it is very close to this setting or is this setting. The diamonds around the asscher look smaller in person, and the diamond peeking out from under looks like the size of a head of a pin. So, I am thinking this photograph is really magnitized.

Can someone please fix my link - Thanks.
clickable!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
That will be awesome!

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
4 weeks!!!

I''m sure it will be more than worth the wait, how can you contain yourself, if we''re all squirming with excitement?

Wow, a 1.6ct, its gonna look divine and big.

I''ve been trying to get into GOGs site this morning but no cigar, humph. I''ll check back later, but Karl, what other carat sizes are there in stock?

Po
x

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrates!!!!!

You are just like a proud daddy Karl!
36.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am delighted for you!!!!!!!!!!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/21/2010 2:59:10 AM
Author: Po10472

I''ve been trying to get into GOGs site this morning but no cigar, humph. I''ll check back later, but Karl, what other carat sizes are there in stock?

Po

x

Since the site is down and I was asked I think im ok to answer if not mods please delete.
The last I knew for sure it was like this:

.91 h-vvs2
1.07 I-vs1
1.19 J/vs?
The 1.57 I believe is back on the market, which is the other one debi1960 was considering and had on hold. g/vs2
A 1.53 J/vs1 which is on hold and may be sold.
A 1.3x which is just being finished up.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/21/2010 4:56:21 AM
Author: Maisie

Congrates!!!!!

You are just like a proud daddy Karl!
36.gif

You bet!!!
It is a dream come true!!!!

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, Karl!

Congratulations, Debi! And I am looking forward to seeing the Octavia in such a feminine setting. It will be a nice comparison with Kenny''s "manly" tension setting.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations Debi and Karl! I am so happy to see another Octavia got to a PS member! Post pics ASAP!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/20/2010 9:00:44 PM
Author: Gypsy
Please, please, please say you will post pics for us. I can''t wait to see your ring! Congratulations on such a wonderful (and gorgeous no doubt) purchase!
Yes please do when you can!!

We are all so proud of Karl and rejoice in his success!!!!!!!!!!

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Karl, hope I''ve not gotten you into trouble.

emembarrassed.gif

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
I just have to say that I''m super excited for you....4 weeks is a long wait, but it will be sooooo worth it in the end! Congrats to you!
face9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results