shape
carat
color
clarity

Good Old Gold, Recommended

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jkoshi22

Rough_Rock
I justed wanted to let people know that I had a great experience with Good Old Gold. I discovered them by reading posts in the forum about other peoples good experiences with them. I ended up purchasing a 0.973 carat, Princess cut diamond from GOG. Whether it was emails or a phone call the staff was helpful and responsive. I wired them the money on Thursday and received my ring today. It was a solitare setting that was readily available. It was triple packed with all of the documentation.
If you are thinking about buying a diamond you should consider GOG.

ladyinblk

Rough_Rock
I have read posts from this forum before and found a lot of information that helped me pick out a diamond in a quick hurry. I just joined because I am excited about my new diamond ring!!

I just ordered a ring from GOG yesterday. My hubby was leaving for overseas and was wanting me to order it before he left, needless to say I was in a hurry and under pressure!! I was wanting to wait but he kept pushing so I jumped in with both feet! I just told Charles, the kind man who helped me, which two diamonds I was considering and he told me over the phone which I should go with. He was helpful and courteous. I read some posts on here about GOG so I just went by your testimonies and trusted his judgement and the reputation of GOG.

He said the ring was being made now and as soon as it was finished he would send some pictures and the ship date. I am SO excited... I usually get cold feet about decisions I make that are this expensive, especially since I chose two diamonds in less then 36 hrs and made the final decision in a few mins and I haven''t see this diamond except in the picture and going by what Charles said, but I am not worried at all!

It is a 1.29 round Hearts and Arrows G SI2. It is eye clean and brilliant! Charles said so! It is being put in a solitare plantinum setting. I can''t wait to see it.

In case Charles reads this, my name is Dolores but I go by Jan!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Glad to hear you both are pleased (one totally, one so far) with GOG. They truly are a great company with great diamonds.

Please do a thread in SMTR, we''d love to see what you got. And congrats!

ne00

Rough_Rock
Hey, just wanted to share my experience about GOG as well. I never thought I would even purchase a diamond ring online even though I shop online like 90% for everything else. GOG made it possible and it was pretty much painless, but I still sent a friend who lived in NY to go and check out my choices.

I was clueless to selecting a diamond. Went to one store in my area in CA and didn''t really feel like I gained any knowledge, was just basically seeing and listening to what the sales guy was telling me. Everything looked good under the store''s lighting. A friend suggested I check out PriceScope.com and I found several stores online that were highly rated, but still the diamonds varied in price and it was quiet confusing. I couldn''t figure out why one near colorless diamond would be cheaper than another diamond lower in the color scale, etc.

As I read more on PriceScope I happened upon GOG and their site is loaded with information. Decided to go with them to picking out a diamond. My entire communication efforts have been strictly email based. Sarah has been very helpful in answering all my questions as she''s been the point of contact for me. I emailed her my original requirements and budget and she selected several choices for me. I was able to narrow them down to 5 and Jonathan took a video for me. From there I narrowed it down to 2 and sent my friend who lived in NY there to take a look. He and his wife ended up chatting with Jonathan and they recommended I take a look at two other diamonds instead, both were a bit over my budget. My friend said he had a good experience there, they were shown the new diamonds under the scopes, pretty much the same as the video but in person and they were allowed to take photos for me and even on the setting I wanted.

Jonathan setup another video for me comparing those two diamonds along with one of the original selection from previously. I finalized my choice, did a wire transfer and now I''m just waiting for the setting to arrive so they can set it and ship it to me.

Throughout this entire journey I learned a bit more about how diamonds are priced and that color and clarity does not play a factor into how the diamonds sparkle but they do play into the price point of the diamond. The only time I was worried through this entire adventure was the wire transfer, if the money would get there.

I ended up buying a 1.53 cushion J VS2 GOG signature diamond.

Video: http://vimeo.com/5610462

Photo attached.

ne00

Rough_Rock
What the ring will look like once it''s officially set. The photo shows the diamond on the temp setting.

153JVS2.jpg

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
ne00, the ring is going to be gorgeous!! Please do a thread about it in SMTR after you propose, would you?

And how neat you had someone who could go there in person. Perfect!

Congrats!!

blueskyggs

Rough_Rock
This is an interesting discussion. thank you for sharing
37.gif

demande simulation pret personnel en ligne - Pret personnel en ligne et de comparer les meilleurs taux afin de... La demande de prêt personnelen lignedemande simulation pret personnel en ligne

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results