shape
carat
color
clarity

Good Old Gold and RingDesigner.com

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

setting_help_please

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I was looking at going to 'Blue Nile' for a diamond and to a local jeweler for a custom setting, but after reading reviews all over the internet, Good Old Gold (diamond) and RingDesigner.com (setting) seems like a lower cost, higher quality combo.

Any comments?

Thanks.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
It really is your perogative on where to shop...there are plenty of highly recommended 'bang for your buck' places online. WhiteFlash and GoodOldGold are two of the more 'talked-about' ones on the forum..there is also USACertEd, NiceIce.Com, as well as DiamondOptics, etc.

BlueNile is good for the mainstream masses, but I venture a guess that since you are here looking for advice that you don't mind putting a little extra elbow grease (mouse-grease?) into finding the absolute best stone for your budget. Using the above links and the tools that they offer (some sites/vendors offer the best 'virtual viewing' you can see when purchasing an online store..aka BrillianceScope images, large closeups of the stone and inclusions, OGI/Sarin reporting, etc), you will get more info than you bargained for, and certainly more than BlueNile or Diamond.Com can offer for the average consumer.

Haven't heard of RingDesigner, but there are many places online to get settings as well! The selection is mind-boggling. I have found over 20 in my searches over the last few months. It really comes down to how comfortable you feel with the company, their reputation and setting selection.

If you want a setting made, your local jeweler could probably help out with that as well. Get some pricing and make some comparisons. I bet you will get some great deals in doing that! We got a great deal with our local jeweler on the setting, but we had a little 'in' that I think helped out. I have seen some competitive deals to the pricing he gave us online, but what we are having done I have not seen ANYWHERE online, so I feel pretty good about getting something really unique! :)

Oh also for design of rings/settings, check out www.tradeshop.com. I have found them in the last few weeks and they have an impressive online database of projects they have worked on recently, along with wax molds, comments, closeups etc. I don't know if they are good, or priced well, but their site is impressive.

Sorry to ramble, hope this helps! :)

robbonds

Rough_Rock
places like bluenile and diamond.com wont negotiate the way other online dealers will....shop around! most online dealers can get all the same stones..find one thats willing to negotiate!

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Greetings settings-help,

We often work with Greg at RingDesigner and a few other excellent manufactures as well to help you in providing top notch diamonds at great value along with rings of excellent craftsmanship. Greg is a wonderful craftsman and we will both work hard for you to produce an exquisite combo to present to your lady. Our email was down today but we got it fixed towards the end of the day. If we can be of assistance or you have any questions I'll be here for ya.

Peace,
Rhino

setting_help_please

Rough_Rock
Rhino, nice to meet you--thanks for the comments. I called this morning to discuss the type of diamond that I'd like to purchase and I am really excited to hear from you tomorrow.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
We just came back from vacation today (though I've been answering email while on vacation) and came back to DOWN EMAIL and of course as I'm on the phone with earthlink to get it back up, client after client came into our store and kept me busy all day.

I'll be in from 10-6 tomorrow. Does your first name begin with a "P"? ;-)

Look forward to working with ya.

Peace,
Rhino

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results