shape
carat
color
clarity

good non-online source for colored stones in/around NYC?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dzop

Shiny_Rock
Hi all-

Long time lurker.

I am looking to buy a matched pair of small (4-4.5mm) blue sapphires to make into studs...I was going to buy them online, but after a stroll through 47th street and into the nice stores on 5th ave, I''ve decided that I''m too picky about sapphire color to buy based on a photo and/or description...I need to see them in the flesh. (Hell, there were stones at Tiffany''s that I didn''t like the looks of).

However, I haven''t the slightest idea where to find a jeweler who''ll have a wide selection of stones for me to pick from, who''s also trustworthy and reasonably priced and such. I figure there must be some of those in Manhattan, so, does anyone have any suggestions on who to go to?

FWIW, I''m willing to pay ~$300-$500

PS: I''m trying to buy heated stones.

dzop

Shiny_Rock
Bump. Seriously, there isn''t a single store in the NYC area worth going to? Not one store that anyone can recommend?

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
I''m not in NY, so don''t have any idea. You might want to try another post so people can see the NY without opening it up. Ex: NY sapphire vendors? or something to that effect.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results