shape
carat
color
clarity

Good news!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Shay

Shiny_Rock
We just came into a large sum of money and now all of our debts are clear! This is a big deal for 2 reasons:

(1) debt is evil and kills your poor salary, we will now have lots of extra money every month to put into the house we are buying.

(2) extra money plus no debt = sooner till we get engaged \o/.

More good news ( call me a sausage cause I''m on a roll) over the weekend my bf said that he wanted to choose the e-ring because it''s traditional and romantic, but he wants to make sure I love it so I must send him pictures of 10 rings I am madly in love with and he will choose out of those.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!

Not only bringing engagement up himself but planning the ring... Zoom things are moving faster than I ever would have thought.

So I am very happy... and also in need of a list of 10 rings that I adore, totally tough I know
20.gif

I will post a few of my fav''s, feel free to do likewise... you may inspire me.. and then him
9.gif

Shay

Shiny_Rock
My number 1 choice

lgldfjhgdfh.jpg

Shay

Shiny_Rock
Very close second

ppppqqqq.jpg

Shay

Shiny_Rock
Damn this one is stunning! Vatche double prong I think.
3.gif

droolage.jpg

Shay

Shiny_Rock
and now for something completely different!
18.gif

anfscd.jpg

Shay

Shiny_Rock
simple and elegant... but i think I may prefer more bling.

gasp.jpg

Shay

Shiny_Rock
Ok this is the last in my collection, now that you''ve gotten an idea of my taste (not a solitaire) any other rings spring to mind?
I like square stones, EC, radiant, cushion, princess, asscher, baguette. I also prefer simple and clean lines, not really large stones I''d rather have many small stones.

I have looked through all the eye candy here, but I had hoped people would share from their secret dream ring picture stashes
2.gif

shablam.jpg

Shay

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for that link Erin, it led me to this stunner
36.gif
:

Erinshow.jpg

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Shay! I''m so excited for you!!! My favorites are 1, 3, and 5.

blue_chica

Shiny_Rock
Oh Shay!!! That''s SO EXCITING!
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif

#1 is my favorite of the ones you posted, followed by #4 (it''s different, unique, and delicate).

What about this one? You could get the center stone a little smaller so as to blend more with the others, and I love the fire of the princess. It''s from Mark Morrell.

shay1.jpg

Shay

Shiny_Rock
Wow blue that is a stunner. the thing is... I''m in South Africa, so I can''t get these USA designers, I have to get reproductions. The upside of course is that diamonds come from here so I get them a lot cheaper than ya''ll
9.gif

I am SOOOOOOOO glad that you love number 4, it''s my biggest secret love. I am a very casual, boyish person and no-one would ever understand me choosing that ring, but damn I just love it so much!
30.gif

blue_chica

Shiny_Rock
Well, the MM I posted is simple enough that I''m sure someone else could make it. The key is great princesses.

Don''t worry about getting something non-traditional, I was very tempted by some of those (and really in the end probably should have gone for one of them since I''m going to have to take my ring off a lot for sports etc) myself. I guess in the end I went for really girly mostly because I''m NOT very girly, and wanted a bit of it. Which makes no sense, so you''re smarter than me!

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh! So very exciting! You have some beautiful options you''re choosing from!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
i like number 2!!!
Congrats by the way!

aeli

Rough_Rock
Ooooh...my favorite is number 4. I originally received an e-ring I couldn''t stand (my fiance''s mother left it to him in her will). My fiance understood my disappointment and offered to let me upgrade. After changing my mind an endless number of times, I''m seriosuly considering skipping the "big rock" and going for a fancier wedding ring. Something like number 4 is very similar to what I had in mind...maybe with saphires in the center of the "X" rather than diamonds...

njc

Brilliant_Rock
How exciting... congratulations!!!
36.gif

I have to say, number 4 is pretty cool and unique!

kanne

Brilliant_Rock
if we''re voting for the e-ring..then I''m picking #1. I think you''ve posted that one before and I know you luuuuv it. Plus it is breathtaking!

BUT I''m really admiring that lovely band with the 2 eternity rings conected by..what looks like a trellis with little diamonds. That would be a fabulous wedding band..all by itself. YUM YUM

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Ohhhh.. FUN! I like #1 and #3. I''m more traditional so I would go for 3, but # 1 is very pretty. Congrats on your good fortune!

honeynut

Shiny_Rock
No. 4 ALL THE WAY baby!!!!!
30.gif

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
how exciting!!!!
36.gif
my faves are #4 and #6. I love the look of a stand alone band...you can really go all out with cool details! Hmmm..I remeber loooking at some desgner somewhere who had some nice ones...let me go find the site so you can get inspired at least!

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
What wonderful news!!!! Congrats all around- lets hope your good mojo rubs off on us all!
I think #4 is timeless, unique and very "wearable", I would never take it off
1.gif

Let us know what you decide on and may the joy continue for you both!

Shay

Shiny_Rock
Well I''m glad to hear it''s not unthinkable to choose number 4 and have it as a combo e/wedding ring. I dont really wear a lot of jewellry anyway so keeping it to one ring would be cool.

Hehehe lovey I DO adore that first one you are right, and i think it would look lovely next to a plain platinum band.

At the end of the day though I''m just supplying the list and my bf will choose from that. In a way I''m glad because I''m so damn indecisive this will make the whole process much easier.

Thank you all for your feedback.
35.gif

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
Shay ~ they are all awesome!!! I think I really love the first one the most, but several of them are so different that it''s hard to pick just one!! And congratulations on getting all of your debt paid off ~ Isn''t that the best feeling or what?!?!?!

cute330xigrl

Shiny_Rock
I''m loving #4. It looks soooo familiar. Congrats on everything. You def. got a RUSH of wonderful news.

#4 #4 #4 #4 #4 #4
18.gif

Shay

Shiny_Rock
Cutegrl it looks familiar because it''s from the tiffany''s website
5.gif
please don''t beat me
9.gif
It''s not like I could buy it from them even if I wanted to as we don''t have them in Africa, but I would use their design as inspiration and get something very similar rebuilt over here.

TeeBee you are so right, I know it sounds ridiculous but it actually feels easier to breath every day.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Shay, first of all, MANY congrats for getting that debt monkey off your back--that''s amazing and life-changing stuff.

.....and I like ALL of these rings, but #4 is really special, IMO......and #1 was your original love, so be sure those two are in there!!

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
I posted this link for aeli and I think you might like some of this designer''s pieces. Jose Hess ...some of his stuff looks imilar to the rings you posted, so just more fodder for inspiration!!!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is this the first vote for the infinity band (#6, that one with two bands intertwined) ?

Regardless of location, you could still order whatever designer you want, no (bar Tiffany - if no local shop carries them)...
2.gif

If you send the 10 ring list, all it takes is to include the maker''s WWW address for source. And ring size, for the sake of those eternity bands.

Band_3568.JPG
Band_Yellow_Braid_4230.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Along the same line...

03X13.jpg
05X13.jpg
04X13.jpg

Color-coordinated metal and diamonds, of course
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results