CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Saw Sicario last night - excellent.

Best movie I've seen in a long time.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just watched the 2015 Cinderella this AM. I loved it and her mantra - "be courageous and be kind".

amc80

Ideal_Rock
We saw The Martian. Best movie I've seen in a long time. We also tried to watch Aloha, which we could only make it through about 30 minutes. Completely awful.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I liked Cinderella too.

We watched the Snoopy movie tonight and enjoyed it. I love Snoopy.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Saw the latest Bond movie today. A little too long--and plot rehash. But enjoyable nonetheless.

cheers--Sharon

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi! was looking for a thread that isn't Amazon or netflix.

Just saw two movies about awesome women that I want to recommend. On Demand.

Hidden Figures - I made both my kids watch it. Required family movie night. My mom even loved it.

Queen of the Dessert - I really liked it and thought it was informative. It's about the female equivalent of Lawrence of Arabia. Played by Nicole Kidman. The critics skewered the movie. I liked it. Even my 14 year old son watched most of it with me.

I would love to hear what others have seen recently.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Red
Red2
The Martian (the book is even better, but the movie is still great!)
The Jungle Books (the one from 2016)
Hacksaw Ridge (very bloody with the battle scenes as a heads up)
Concussion (real story, well done movie)

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
I don't know why, but lately I have been thinking of the movie, Beasts of the Southern Wild. A movie that really impacted me. The cinematography is stunningly beautiful. I actually love everything about this film. It really makes you think. It has the ability to change your perspective on things. I went into the film feeling one way about the characters as the film begins to unfold and slowly my attitude and feelings about their way of living changes. I have watched it many times. I love when films use that kind of fantastical imagery, like in Pan's Labyrinth. It's the kind of film that's poignant yet hopeful at the same time. The human spirit.

Another film that I always liked and made me think a lot about perspective was Hillary and Jackie. From IMDB: The tragic story of world renowned classic cellist Jacqueline du Pré, as told from the point of view of her sister, flautist Hilary du Pré-Finzi.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I loved Sully, and recently saw The Viceroys House, which I enjoyed.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Nocturnal Animals! Recently saw it and thought it was great, but a few scenes may be difficult to watch for some viewers.

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
Nocturnal Animals! Recently saw it and thought it was great, but a few scenes may be difficult to watch for some viewers.
OMG.. I am glad you posted this . I loved Tom Ford's A Single Man. It is another one of my all time favs. Such a gorgeously filmed movie. Again, poignant, yet hopeful. Was really waiting for Nocturnal Animals and was dismayed a bit about some of the reviews. I don't really read them prior to viewing, but like a general idea of whether it's worth seeing in the theatre or not, and the reviews were kind of ehhh. Glad to know you liked it.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
OMG.. I am glad you posted this . I loved Tom Ford's A Single Man. It is another one of my all time favs. Such a gorgeously filmed movie. Again, poignant, yet hopeful. Was really waiting for Nocturnal Animals and was dismayed a bit about some of the reviews. I don't really read them prior to viewing, but like a general idea of whether it's worth seeing in the theatre or not, and the reviews were kind of ehhh. Glad to know you liked it.

I definitely thought it was a good viewing experience and well worth the watch, although I know some reviewers had issues with it (mostly the ending). I would recommend it, though.

I haven't seen A Single Man; based on your description I don't think Nocturnal Animals will quite measure up to that, but I still think you should give it a try! (And I'm definitely going to watch A Single Man now, lol!!) :)

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
(And I'm definitely going to watch A Single Man now
Kath, please come back and let me know what you think. I always have to have the tissues at the ready, though, lol. Have you seen Beasts of the Southern Wild?

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Kath, please come back and let me know what you think. I always have to have the tissues at the ready, though, lol. Have you seen Beasts of the Southern Wild?

I haven't seen it, but I'm aware of it; it's on my list of "I need to see that at some point" movies, lol.

And sure, I will definitely let you know what I think about A Single Man after I see it :)

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just saw "The Man Who Knew Infinity"

Really nice movie.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
"Born in China" - saw with my kid and his friend. For those who love animals - lovely!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Red
Red2
The Martian (the book is even better, but the movie is still great!)
The Jungle Books (the one from 2016)
Hacksaw Ridge (very bloody with the battle scenes as a heads up)
Concussion (real story, well done movie)

Saw all these too. Very good. My fave was Hacksaw Ridge, but Concussion was really good too!

Hell or High Water. Really really good movie.
Arrival. Thought provoking. Unsettling. So good. Made you think days after. Amy Adams deserved a best actress nod.

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Interesting to see so many people loved The Martian; I didn't exactly have the highest expectations for the movie going in but it ended up being one of the most disappointing movie experiences I have ever had. The start of it seemed rushed which left me confused and thinking it had been started half way through, then after 20 minutes I really had no idea what was going on so I got bored and fell asleep :lol:

Similar thing with Avatar except that it was just boring altogether, I may not be the movies type :oops:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I loved A Single Man. A wonderful movie. Worth watching. It also happens to be on Netflix Streaming for anyone who hasn't yet seen it who has Netflix and is interested.
https://www.netflix.com/search?q=A Single Man&jbv=70117297&jbp=0&jbr=0

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results