shape
carat
color
clarity

good ideas for a proposal in Milwaukee

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wiscg

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone.
I would love some input on proposal ideas in Milwaukee. I''m planning on proposing sometime in the next month or two. I have a tentative plan but it was shot down by my gf''s friend. Here''s what I thought: Set up some kind of table & chairs, perhaps some pillows and blankets, something cozy, up on the roof of our building. It''s tall enough that we''d get a good view of the city, the lake, some trees changing colors, sunset, etc. Perhaps have dessert set up so we would go up there after dinner, sit, talk, pop important question.
Here''s the problem - she''ll know what''s going on. When I say "Hey let''s go up to the roof," She will absolutely catch on. I was hoping for some kind of surprise. She wouldn''t want a public thing (no Jumbotron proposal) nor any cliche (ring in champagne after expensive dinner). So something original, private and surprising.

Can anyone help me out with some ideas? Thanks!

bar01

Brilliant_Rock
You state she is not into Public Proposals (Jumbotron), but do you think she might still like something kind of private but still outdoors among others ??

She might not like this - but here is my suggestion.

I love the Milwaukee Art Museum's new expansion. Those wings(sails, screens?) – right by lake Michigan - what could be more beautiful . Everyday, weather permitting, the wings open at 10:00am.

Click on the link below.

Wings

Why not take her down on Saturday morning and just as the wings open – say something like "You make my Heart Soar, Marry Me!”. Then take a walk along the lake and talk about all the great things the future holds for you both.

amyi

Rough_Rock
I like bar01's idea. I'm not from milwaukee, but I have the same ideas as your girlfriend in terms of an ideal proposal (nothing public, cliche but surprising). I think you should take her somewhere like a museum or some other place (like a park) that you guys have been to before. That way, it would be special and it wouldn't be obvious that you were planning something huge.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results