shape
carat
color
clarity

Good (General or Special Interest) Forums and Sites

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
With a lot of us isolated due to Covid-19, interesting forums and sites (besides this one) are nice to know about.

Do you know of any especially good ones, whether special interest or more general?

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
I think it depends on what you are interested in! DH goes on Reddit a lot. I spend time reading blogs for inspiration!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your local/ national health authority/ministry is a good start
I am not a fan of our govt but i know the advisors they use are the same ones my party would be using - or in fact probably anyone calling the shots in NZ
We have been advised to not listen to social media and trust what the ministry of health etc tells us
And there is so much info out there often conflicting, old or just plain false So i try to follow this advice

So i would say find local advice - there is probably useful and relevant links om your local hospital or family doctor's website

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
With a lot of us isolated due to Covid-19, interesting forums and sites (besides this one) are nice to know about.

Do you know of any especially good ones, whether special interest or more general?

I thought of something else !
Worth a broose
My home town newspaper- the oldest continuouse daily newspaper in NZ and most importantly for a major media outlet these days its feirsley independent

You might enjoy some of the human interest stories
This is the version that doesn't require a subscription

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
The Fedora Lounge is kind of interesting. It's about 1930's -40's. Some of the people on there pretty much "live" in those eras, with the clothes, decor and so on.

Of course, Quora is a huge, general interest forum.

Oh right, and The Straight Dope is another large, general interest forum.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Websleuths is great if you like to follow crime stories in the news as they unfold. Sometimes local people, friends and family members of those involved and various experts weigh in, post photos etc. - and sometimes you even learn astonishing things on there before they become general knowledge.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bogleheads Forum (https://www.bogleheads.org/forum/index.php)

Named for Jack Bogle, the creator of low-cost "indexed" mutual funds and the revered founder of Vanguard. Dumb-sounding name but a remarkable resource.

Probably the only decent and well-moderated personal-finance forum on the web. People are amazingly knowledgeable and generous with their time and expertise. I have gotten outstanding advice there.

Anything on Reddit about finance/investing/money is a joke. Really. It's like asking your Lyft driver or the restless crowd at the DMV.

Last edited:

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
City-data is another large forum with all kinds of topics:

Just checked it out. Lot of cretins and uninformed opinions -- at least for my region. Plenty of Texans talking back and forth about what's wrong with places they've never been.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I love Reddit.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@seaurchin thanks for the link to The Straight Dope.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love reddit. There's petty much something for everyone there and often multiple subreddits on the same topic but a different variation. If you don't find what you're looking for, you can create it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results