shape
carat
color
clarity

Good fortunes with return to Pricescope!

TimMD

Shiny_Rock
After about a 6-7 month hiatus from Pricescope, I recently returned this past week out of the "blue" and it must be a sign because I just been blessed with some good jewelry luck!!! I won't go into too much depth but back in Feb, I custom made a bracelet for my wife to v-tines day that was meant to be her something blue in our wedding in August ([URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/something-blue-for-valentines-day.156501/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/something-blue-for-valentines-day.156501/[/URL]). Long story short, I return from Iraq in April and am in Colorado (we live in San Antonio) for 3 months after I return and somehow in the visiting back and forth, she loses the bracelet. Needless to say, she was devastated because of the sentimental meaning behind the bracelet and only having it for like 2 months and not even getting a chance to wear it in the wedding. She looked EVERYWHERE, called the airlines, etc and we just assumed that because it was so dainty, she caught it on something and it broke off and she never noticed. We were both pretty bummed by it but c'est la vie.

Fast forward to today. I am laying on the couch enjoying a break from work (hence my recent return to PS) and she returns from shopping to tell me something is wrong with the garage door. So being the "mr fix it" that I am (or so I think), I go out there, yell and scream (like most men do that don't know what they are doing), she comes out to "help" and in watching me repeatedly drop the screws as I am up on a chair trying to disassemble the opener, one of the screws I drop escapes under some mess so she start searching for it while I am still trying to further break the opener and I hear "OH MY GOD" and I look down and say "are you ok?" and I see her standing there with bracelet in hand!! And absolutely no damage at all!! How in the world in wound up in the garage one will never know, but there it was. I just wish we could have stumbled across this before the wedding but it was a great blessing (and great sign) that we found it today because after all that, I said "oh well, lets just call someone to fix this thing" and put the opener back together.....and what would you know, it worked!!!! hahahaha Maybe I should go play the lottery today!!! Just thought I would share my good fortunes! Happy Tuesday! :wavey:

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am so glad you found it! congrats on the upcoming wedding! :appl:

TimMD

Shiny_Rock
Skippy|1318970403|3042923 said:
I am so glad you found it! congrats on the upcoming wedding! :appl:

Thank you, thank you but I didn't specify exactly, there was a 7 month time lapse from the time she lost it until today an our wedding was in August! We had both long written the bracelet off and the wedding of course was spectacular despite not having the bracelet. This turn of good luck just makes me want to start on my next project (just sorry I missed that pink tourmaline Athena was selling)!!!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
welcome back....and with a great story, too!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that is really great, Tim!!! :appl: I am sure she was thrilled!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is great fortune, and a happy ending too!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
What a happy story!! Bracelet, fixed garage door -- both surprises to you. Buy stock before the day is over!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What good luck! I love finding things that I thought were long gone!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Lovely story--thanks for sharing!

cheers--Sharon

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
omg, great news! maybe a mouse tried to steal it.. :bigsmile: but i'm glad it's back safe and sound!

QueenB29

Shiny_Rock
Congrats on your safe return, your wedding and finding the bracelet :appl:

I have huggies with VERY small diamond chips and I lost them on a trip to California. About six months later I found them in the back corner of my closet. The really weird thing was that I didn't keep any of the clothes I took on that trip in my closet so it's not like they could have fallen out of a pocket or anything.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just love these kinds of stories - you must be living right! Ha! Happy ending to a heart breaking story - what a stroke of luck!

You are on a roll - don't stop now!!

TimMD

Shiny_Rock
QueenB29|1318988826|3043143 said:
Congrats on your safe return, your wedding and finding the bracelet :appl:

I have huggies with VERY small diamond chips and I lost them on a trip to California. About six months later I found them in the back corner of my closet. The really weird thing was that I didn't keep any of the clothes I took on that trip in my closet so it's not like they could have fallen out of a pocket or anything.

Yea, we have NO IDEA how the bracelet was in the garage, clasp intact as my wife last remembered having the bracelet on as she was leaving to the airport. In all the places she looked, I don't the garage was considered and when she showed me the bracelet, I just assumed the clasp would be broke but I guess good luck is good luck. Who knows how or why we just are elated with our good fortune and pleasant surprise.

MissGotRocks--It is amazing how we all think the same, because of my great luck I was motivated today to start brain storming my next project (after some time off) and actually just sent an email to Richard Homer in hopes of a nice stone for a right hand ring to celebrate my wife's pregnancy. :Up_to_something:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww, congrats, Tim!!! You have had a really happy year!

Now we need to educate you about push presents, too! ;)) :lol:

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
what a wonderful story!

TimMD

Shiny_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1318998073|3043247 said:
Awww, congrats, Tim!!! You have had a really happy year!

Now we need to educate you about push presents, too! ;)) :lol:

Funny you say push presents DS because after finding the bracelet, we were laying around and my wife was watching Rachel Zoe and she called my attention to the "push present" that her husband got her, which if you haven't seen it is an AMAZING 10 ctw cushion cut diamond set in halo from Neil Lane. Absolutely astonishing and as I lay on the couch, surfing the net as always, I started looking into something of similar design but maybe a nice colored gem (maybe pink tourmaline) because I don't have 300-400K laying around ;-) hahahaha
I am thinking set in rose gold bezel (she is rose gold crazy lately) and maybe single row halo? I have some ideas on diamonds by lauren for settings but still in the early stages with emails out to Richard Homer and Gene and precisiongems. . . we will see what I come up with.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tim, you are doing very well with your jewelry purchases! But I am going to give you one bit of advice. You have very good taste and want to buy quality settings, etc. I strongly recommend buying more durable (in terms of hardness) gemstones for fine jewelry and that would mean spinel and sapphire (or ruby if you want red, but spinel also comes in red). Both spinel and sapphire come in many colors. If you go with a soft stone, it is going to be much more likely to get scratched or even cracked. Obviously one has to be very careful with all fine jewelry. But I wouldn't invest in custom settings with a soft gemstone personally.

TheDoctor

Shiny_Rock
These bracelets are notorious for flimsly, failing clasps. Maybe not broken, but not fuctioning properly. It fell off for a reason.
Have someone who knows what they are doing inspect it and firm it up, or replace the tongue. Often, the tongue wasn't hardened enough during manufacture and won't click into place with security. If the clasp will release by pulling the ends apart without depressing the "button", it is doomed to fail and you'll have a repeat of your former loss.

QueenB29

Shiny_Rock
TimMD|1318994971|3043210 said:
It is amazing how we all think the same, because of my great luck I was motivated today to start brain storming my next project (after some time off) and actually just sent an email to Richard Homer in hopes of a nice stone for a right hand ring to celebrate my wife's pregnancy. :Up_to_something:

OOOOH!!!! That's wonderful! Congratulations! :bigsmile:

TimMD

Shiny_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1319030118|3043413 said:
Tim, you are doing very well with your jewelry purchases! But I am going to give you one bit of advice. You have very good taste and want to buy quality settings, etc. I strongly recommend buying more durable (in terms of hardness) gemstones for fine jewelry and that would mean spinel and sapphire (or ruby if you want red, but spinel also comes in red). Both spinel and sapphire come in many colors. If you go with a soft stone, it is going to be much more likely to get scratched or even cracked. Obviously one has to be very careful with all fine jewelry. But I wouldn't invest in custom settings with a soft gemstone personally.

Again, a reflection that brilliant minds think alike! I woke up this am to an email from Richard and in my reply, I specifically asked about spinel or sapphire in comparison to my tourmaline idea and his input and am still waiting for his reply. And then I come onto PS and read your comment and think that it is funny. Something I will keep in mind, thanks for the advice! :)

renogirl

Shiny_Rock
So glad it was found!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results