shape
carat
color
clarity

Good diamond? Good deal?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

J

Rough_Rock
Hi. Looking for advice on whether this diamond is a good bet. My criteria are that I want something eye clean, at least 0.85 ct, and at least I in color. Beyond that, I am just looking to get the best overall diamond that I can for under $4000, with cut probably being the most important criteria. This diamond scores 2.4 on HCA. How significant of an impact will that have on the look of the diamond vs. say a score of 1.5? Thanks in advance for the help! -J
twirl.gif

Price: $3,698.00
Report: GIA
Shape: Round
Carat: 0.92
Color: H
Clarity: SI1
Depth: 61.2
Table: 57
Girdle: M-STK
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Good
Culet: None
Fluorescence: No
Measurements: 6.30-6.24X3.84
pavil angle: 41.1
crown angle: 34.3
culet: 1.3%

J

Rough_Rock
Anyone have thoughts? Really trying to get a ring by early Nov, but this is turning out to be harder than I thought. Is it just me, or is there a huge deficiency in the amount of information about the cut of diamonds for sale online? From what I've learned the last month on this site, cut is the most important factor, and you need the crown and pavilion angles to evaluate it. They can usually provide you with a Sarin report, so why isn't this info listed on their websites to begin with. It seems silly to narrow down my search based on the less important factors, and then have to make specific requests to learn about the most important factor. Not a very efficient process.
5.gif

Anyway, a lovely girl is patiently waiting to get engaged, so any advice that you guys have on my post above would be appreciated.

Thanks

bearman49

Rough_Rock
Seems to be a "fair" price, although a little further looking may get a little better cut for the same dollars.

katbadness

Shiny_Rock
DiamondsPCP,

This is an educational forum and not a forum for vendors to market their wares..
Your post is against forum rules.

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That may be a good deal, or it may be a dog, and I assume that you are not being provided any Ideal Scope or other reports related to optical performance or details on demensions.

However, I would only order it under the following conditions:

Reasonable return policy (2+ weeks no questions asked).

Look at it with an Ideal Scope to ensure it has good light return, and see visually in person how well it sparkles, then send it to someone with the appropriate equipment to analyze it and appraise it (fast). Alternately, you might just send it to someone to check it out with all the toys for you.

Be ready to send it back if it turns out not to be as good as you had hoped for.

That will cost you another several hundred, but....

I will note that some internet diamond vendors allow you to inspect the diamond and then send it back for mounting in the ring.

Perry

J

Rough_Rock
----------------

Be ready to send it back if it turns out not to be as good as you had hoped for.

That will cost you another several hundred, but....

Perry----------------

Thanks a lot for the tips. But if I don't like it, shouldn't I simply have to pay shipping to send it back to the vendor. That can't cost over $100, can it?

Andrew8527

Rough_Rock
"Thanks a lot for the tips. But if I don't like it, shouldn't I simply have to pay shipping to send it back to the vendor. That can't cost over $100, can it?"

Nope, definitely not that much. Best way to send it is USPS Registered Mail with return receipt....probably cost you about $20, depending on the declared value. Good luck.

i_mkittycat

Rough_Rock
Hi, I bought a nice G color, 1.10 carat, VVS1 from a vendor. It's really pretty and I paid $3,400 for it. But i've been looking forever for that piece of diamond. I took me almost 5 yrs to be able to come up with a price like that. So, I think you've gotta look around.

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My comment on the extra several hundred $ included the cost of the independent appraisial or analysis.

Perry

bluedenile

Rough_Rock
Please read my review of Blue Nile, "Something Smelly in the Blue Nile", posted on 10/27/04.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results