shape
carat
color
clarity

Good diamond for the money? (.64 ct)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

theoddmonkey

Rough_Rock
Hey everyone, I am relatively new to these boards but have spent some time browsing and researching. My question is this. I found this diamond for $699 through an online dealer. It is an EGL certified stone-- but to me it seems like the price is extremely low for these specs? Can anyone help me understand why this might be the case? I am looking for a stone that is relatively colors and has a lot of sparkle.

Carats: 0.64
Certification: EGL
Color: F
Shape: B
Clarity: SI1
Price Per Carat: 1091.90
Depth: 59.00%
Table: 55.00%
Girdle: -
Culet: N
Polish: VG
Symmetry: VG
Fluorescence: N
Dimensions: 5.63x5.65x3.33

Thanks!!

Justin

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
online dealers just list stones from their suppliers.

You can''t get a quality half carat for under a thousand.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to PS
35.gif

The reason this diamond is so cheap is probably the EGL cert. Is it EGL USA, Europe, Israel or Antwerp? EGL certed diamonds are cheaper than GIA or AGS certed diamonds as in some instances the grading can be less strict. This might be a good diamond for the money, but we can't really tell the cut quality by the info given, the crown and pavillion measurements are needed and as EGL uses percentages it is even harder to tell as they are less accurate than angles. If you like this diamond, make the sale contingent on having an independant appraisal done, this is a little extra money well spent. A word of caution with an EGL cert...if you ever wish to trade it up or sell, these diamonds are harder to sell than ones with a GIA cert etc, but if you want to buy a diamond and not the paper so to speak, these EGL diamonds can be an option.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results