shape
carat
color
clarity

Good deal ?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

acanuck

Rough_Rock
OK, found another rock -

Round
AGS Ideal 0
Polish : Ideal
Symmetry : Ideal
Color - J
Clarity - VS1
Carat - 1.134
Table : 53%
Depth : 62.2%
Crown : 34.8
Pav : 41.1
Pointed
Flor : Inert

Price - $4200

Good deal ? Concerns about the color ? I''ve seen some H colored stones in person and like those - is J to much of a drop ?
Help............
wacko.gif

jenntheten

Rough_Rock
AS FAR AS COLOR, If you are going to have it set in a "white" metal I would be concerned......if you're going with yellow gold, I think it would be fine.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 8/22/2003 2:12:32 PM jenntheten wrote:

AS FAR AS COLOR, If you are going to have it set in a "white" metal I would be concerned......if you're going with yellow gold, I think it would be fine.
----------------

Not necessarily. I have seen well cut "J"s in this size range set in platinum - looked white to my eyes.

Is clarity important to you? Remember, it is graded w/ 10x power.

Also, since the table size is small & the stone deeper, the mm of this stone may be smaller than a 1.13 stone. I did not see the dimensions listed. Might not be an issue to you though.

acanuck

Rough_Rock
----------------

Is clarity important to you? Remember, it is graded w/ 10x power.
----------------

Thanks for the reply, clarity is only important to me so much as it's not visible by eye or distract from the brillance. I'm more interested in having something with a fairly nice fire/brillance.

----------------
Also, since the table size is small & the stone deeper, the mm of this stone may be smaller than a 1.13 stone. I did not see the dimensions listed. Might not be an issue to you though.

----------------

Measurements : 6.69 - 6.75 x 4.18mm - thoughts ?

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Just a thought - but perhaps go up in color & down in clarity, i.e. G/SI1 or H/VS2. In a good deal of stones this size, an SI1 can be eye clean.

I really am unsure about the cut of the stone. It could have quite a bit of fire - perhaps less white light. It scores 2.4 on HCA. It's intriguing.

What is the girdle on this?

Perhaps one of the more cut savvy people can comment.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I'd second F&I's suggestion to go up on color and down on clarity....the parameters she gave were spot-on.

acanuck

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 8/22/2003 3:20:15 PM fire&ice wrote:

Just a thought - but perhaps go up in color & down in clarity, i.e. G/SI1 or H/VS2. In a good deal of stones this size, an SI1 can be eye clean.

I really am unsure about the cut of the stone. It could have quite a bit of fire - perhaps less white light. It scores 2.4 on HCA. It's intriguing.

What is the girdle on this?

Perhaps one of the more cut savvy people can comment.
----------------

Thanks, I'll try to locate a good cut with this combo - but don't know if this will be in the same price range ?

Faceted - 0.7 to 1.5% (I'm assuming that is the girdle range)

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
I'd try to get closer to H/SI or you could go I/SI. If you do a pricescope search, you can get more of an idea on what massaging the parameters will cost or not cost you.

Also, my mantra, in the I/J range try to get a stone w/ med/strong blue fluor.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results