shape
carat
color
clarity

Good Deal??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

timbo

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone - I am getting ready to make the big purchase! I am pretty sure after alot of reading in this column that I got a good deal on this Emerald stone. I went to a friend of a friend who got me something I wanted. I looked at this stone and it is very nice. Can I get some last minute thoughts? Anything is appreciated! Thanks in advance! This will cost me $7500.

Timbo

EMERALD
Carat weight: 1.55
Cut: Good
Color: H
Clarity: VS1
Depth %: 61.4%
Table %: 73%
Symmetry: Good
Polish: Good
Girdle: Medium
Culet: None
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 8.62x5.68x3.49 mm
Length/width ratio: 1.52

timbo

Rough_Rock
Yes..GIA.

thanks

jetcaptain

Rough_Rock
It does seem like you have found a very nice stone at a very nice price. Of course, now you have a choice--do you spend a little extra to have one of the pros check it out further or do you buy it as is? My suggestion is to make the sale contingent on having the diamond checked out. If the stone and the price are as good as they seem, the seller should be more than happy to accomodate this request. Just another consumer's viewpoint.

diamondsman

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
The price is good,overall i think you are gettiong a nice stone!!
even though a lot of my customers don't like it to be that long 1:1.52 ratio ,they like it to be in the 1:1.35-1.40 range in ratio.
If you have seen it and liked it! thumbs up!! go for it!!

good luck
1.gif

timbo

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the input!!! That is what the guy said who I am dealing with...that it is alittle long...but I have viewed it and it does look pretty nice. I think I will pay extra to get it looked at!!
thanks!

jetcaptain

Rough_Rock
You may have already seen this, but Jonathan has a picture of two emerald cuts side-by-side on his website. One is a 1.3:1 length-to-width, the other a 1.5:1. You can find them at www.goodoldgold.com under new stones being scanned. Look for fancy shapes, then emerald cuts, then look at the 1.34ct, E/VVS2. Sure, it's just a picture, but it is useful for comparison.

We've had the length-to-width discussion for fancy shapes here on RT before. Everyone has their own opinion, but it really boils down to personal preference. Personally, I think that the stone you have found is certainly within the L/W range that most people would find quite attractive. If you and your sweetie like it, then that's what really matters. Of course, how a fancy is mounted will have some influence on whether it is perceived as too long or too fat, as does the size and shape of the finger it is worn on (I'm assuming you're planning this for a ring and not a pendant). Anyway, best of luck! Hopefully, as the day progresses, you'll get some additional input from some of the RT faithful.

Dave

timbo

Rough_Rock
Thanks Jet and all those you have commented. As always appreciate everyones input and really enjoy the site.

tim

timbo

Rough_Rock
I think I am going with this stone!!I am happy with it. I will get it checked out...I have looked again and it doesnt look too long or too fat....I would like to get crown and pavillion angles? Does anyone know how much of a difference that will make? Will I be able to tell if it is a really nice stone?

timbo

timbo

Rough_Rock
Hi again - sorry and hope I am not beaten this thing to death....Any other opinions on the Depth % and table %? I expected that I would get a "good" deal seeing how I went through a friend. Does anyone have any ideas on if I did or do I need more info on this stone?

thanks again

EMERALD
GIA
Carat weight: 1.55
Cut: Good
Color: H
Clarity: VS1
Depth %: 61.4%
Table %: 73%
Symmetry: Good
Polish: Good
Girdle: Medium
Culet: None
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 8.62x5.68x3.49 mm
Length/width ratio: 1.52

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results