shape
carat
color
clarity

Good Deal?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dinah

Rough_Rock
This seems like a great deal, am I right?
2.33ct round diamond
8.54 x 8.47 x 5.34
depth 62.7%
table 56%
crown height 16%
pavilion 44%
SI2--but eye clean
H
egl cert--but it was done last month
all for $7778 ( I negotiate a little) Is this a good deal?

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Light Return Good
Fire Fair
Scintillation Good
Spread
or diameter for weight Very Good
Total Visual Performance 5.1 - Good - Only if price is your main criterion

you might want to get the crown and pavilion angles and run a cut adviser.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Nobody loses money on a deal. I've been buying diamonds for over 20 years and I guarantee you're getting what you're paying for. The stones I've seen at more than 40% off list are stones I personally wouldn't waste my time with, but then again I'm not your everday buyer.

HAVE IT CHECKED by a pro. What may seem like a great deal may turn out to be a ho hum deal after the smoke is cleared.

Rhino

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Dinah, the price seems "too good" for an H/SI2. It's priced at an I1, maybe an SI3 level, and diamond dealers are no dummies. It if is a true SI2, they'd be asking SI2 money, in my opinion.

The stone is a "steep and deep" stone, with steep crown angles (probably 36 degrees) combined with a slightly deeper than ideal pavilion (44% pavilion, probably @ 41.4 degrees).

This combination always creates a certain amount of light leakage just inside the table. I've attached an IdealScope simulated image to give you an idea what to look for.

Those are the negatives. The positive is that it's a 2&1/3rd carat stone at a great price. If it looks good to your eye, and doesn't have any inclusions that smack you in the forehead, then it might be the stone for you.

I can't seem to get the IdealScope image to upload. I'll try again down the road a bit.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Since the percentages are rounded, the cert is an EGL from Israel or Antwerp... Well, I haven't ever seen an accurately graded stone accompanied by a report done by those EGL's branches. The price is very very good but, as someone told you, you get what you pay for... Is the color yellow-ish looking to you? Are you able to compare it to a GIA 'H' stone? Does this stone have any fluorescence?

Giangi

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results