shape
carat
color
clarity

Good deal?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

boxman

Rough_Rock
I would like to get an opinion on this diamond, any comments?

CERT: EGL
SHAPE:ROUND BRILLIANT
MEASUREMENTS: 8.08 - 8.01 x 5.05mm
WEIGHT: 2.01CARAT
DEPTH: 62.7%
TABLE: 57%
GIRDLE: SLIGHTLY THICK TO THICK, FACETED
CUTLET :NONE
POLISH: VG
SYMMETRY: VG
CLARITY: VS1
COLOR: J
FLUORESENCE: FAINT
CUT ADVISOR: 1.9 VERY GOOD TO EXCELLENT

PRICE: $8000

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
If color and clarity grades are accurate, the price is good.

Do you know which EGL lab issued the report (NY USA, Israe, or Belgium)? EGL NY is more strict.

boxman

Rough_Rock
The cert says Los Angeles. Glad to hear positive comments. I was concerned about the girdle being sl thick to thick, but it still scored good on the cut advisor! Thanks for the advise.

rsilvers

Shiny_Rock
That is $3980 per carat, and $994 per mm-wide.

This stone http://www.virtcert.com/cgi/u/1012/v.cgi?stock=1006358&_s=1012&_p=sdf348gd743&_c=&_fs=1&prestock=

is $4086 per carat, but $1003 per mm-wide.

So the GIA stone is 2.6% more per carat, but only .9% more per mm-wide!

What this tells me is that your stone is hiding some weight in the girdle, which is fine as the cost-per-mm wide is still less.

I would buy it if a colorometer says the color is really J and if you have a real hard time seeing the inclusions under a 10x loupe. If it is easy to see them, then it is not a VS1.

Look at many stones on this site http://www.goodoldgold.com/clarity.htm
and learn what you expect a VS1/VS2 and SI1 to look like. Then verify that you are satisfied you are getting what you think is a VS1 (or even VS2 because it would still be an ok price).

ready

Rough_Rock
If you don't end up getting it, please let me know who has similar stones for that price! I'm looking for G/H color around 1.5C.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results