shape
carat
color
clarity

good deal on Canadian diamonds?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

skc28

Rough_Rock
We have a few questions about 2 diamonds we are considering. I've asked about the first diamond on another thread, but wanted to ask about the 2 diamonds in the same thread (sorry for any repetition). We have decided that we definitely want to purchase a verified Canadian diamond.

The first diamond is not one of the Canadian name brands (e.g. not Polar Bear, Ekati, Tundra, or Canadia) but I've been told) laser engraved with a number given to the diamond by the Government of the North West Territories to verify that it is mined & cut in Canada. Is it possible to be sure that it is from Canada if it is not one of the branded diamonds?

This is the information I have right now on the diamond:
AGS000, 1.05ct, F color, VVS 2, and price US$7347

The second diamond is a Canadian "branded" diamond that is certified by the NWT government. It has the following specifications:

GIA report:
round brilliant
1 ct
F color
VVS1
depth 60.6%
table 56%
girdle thin-med
polish excellent
symmetry very good
no flourescence

AGS report:
Polish Ideal
Symmetry Ideal
Proportions Ideal

HCA score 1.6 [*]

price: US$9200

1) is there any reason to be concerned that the GIA grades the symmetry as "very good" rather than "excellent"

2)is there any reason to be concerned that the diamond only scored 1 "excellent" on the HCA?

3) is this a good price for this diamond?

Thanks in advance for any opinions and/or advice.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results