shape
carat
color
clarity

Good Deal on a diamond???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BDR

Rough_Rock
I am considering purchasing a 1.01 GIA round brilliant and I was hoping I could provide some specifics and get feedback on the value. Thanks for any help you can provide.

VS2
G
Depth - 62.7%
Table - 60%
Girdle - Thin to slightly thick
Cutlet - none
Flourence - none
Comments - Additional clouds not shown

One cloud and One feather is marked on the GIA report. I was unable to locate these with a loop and I felt the diamond looked clean. I just want to know if the price sounds right and if there are any obvious problems I am overlooking. Thanks.

Price $5,400

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I ran a quick pricescope search for price comparison and found the following. The first one seems most like your diamond choice from the *basic* information you gave in your post. The following diamonds could be very different depending on their cuts. However, from the following 3 comparisons, they all have tables of 60% and Depth of 62% with same size, color and clarity.

They are all $400-800 cheaper than the diamond price you are considering. If you are sold on the diamond you have chosen, then I would suggest trying to negotiate pricing that is lower than what you have been offered. Even a few hundred dollars discount is better than none! :) Or if you are open to considering an online purchase, view the following diamonds and others using the Pricescope search engine and putting your specs in. If you do an online search, you could even look for an ideal cut diamond though you might pay a little more $$.

1) at USACerted
1.01c, G, VS2
Depth: 62.7%
Table: 60%
GIA certification
Girdle: Med-Stk
Culet: VS
Polish and Symm: VG
Dimensions: 6.32x6.37x3.0
Price: $4675

2) at WhiteFlash.Com
1.01c, G, VS2
Depth: 62.5%
GIA certification
Girdle: medium, faceted
Culet: No
Polish and Symm: VG
Fluor: No
Dimensions: 6.39x6.42x4.0
Price: $5037

3) Whiteflash.Com
1.02c, G, VS2
Depth: 62.7%
GIA certification
Girdle: m-stk
Culet: no
Symm: VG
Polish: G
Fluor: No
Dimensions: 6.39-6.41x4.01
Price: $4859

Whatever you choose, best of luck!

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Knowing at least your crown/pavilion angles would make this decision much easier. At least in seperating which stones will be more reflective than the others. Can you get that info?

Jonathan

diamondsman

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
:wavey: I personally like a diamond of a 1.00+to be around the 6.5MM. in diameter

diamondsman:))

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results