shape
carat
color
clarity

Good deal? Bit concerned about SI2

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jspop

Rough_Rock
I have purchased, but not yet received the following diamond. I think it is an excellent deal. I ended up getting this diamond for $100 less than the internet price cause they accidentally sold me a slightly smaller diamond with a lower per/carat cost they had already sold. Description: .465 carat, E color, SI2, AGS-000, H&A, Holloway cut advisor rating is 0.40 (excellent). I have been assured that the inclusions are not visable to the naked eye. Table 56%, Depth 60.6%, Pavillion (percent) 42.7, Crown (angle) 34.1, Girdle .9 - 1.4%, Culet none, Fluorescence inert, 5.01 x 5.03 x 3.04. Comes with loupe, a tool to view hearts and arrows pattern, and a tool to hold the diamond. Price also includes shipping. $999.14 is the price. Also, I am being charged $80 for a 14k tiffany style solitare ring (includes mounting the diamond).

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Jspop, let me guess
smile.gif
it is A Cut Above H&A from Whiteflash?
smile.gif
I think you’ve got an excellent deal. These diamonds are gorgeous and proportions for this particular one are just great!As for the clarity, this size SI2 diamond should be eye-clean. I trust Bob won't tell that if he won't be sure. Tell us how it looks like when you'll get it.leonid

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Looks great!
smile.gif
lawmax

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
This is the cut adviser rating.
Brilliance Excellent
Fire Excellent
Scintillation Excellent
Spread
or diameter for weight Very Good
the score of .4 is a very high score, as zero is almost impossible. you will not see a stone that compares with the beauty among any of your freinds.
It is your call when you get the stone about the SI2. Fairly graded sI2's are hard to see after you know where the mark is.
You would need to be in very good light and deliberately setting out to find the mark.Some advice - if you cant see the mark without using magnification, and feel happy with that, then never look with the loupe and you willnever know the difference!
The brilliance will not be effected.
Garry Holloway
Garry Holloway

jspop

Rough_Rock
I did notice that the diamond photos on Whiteflash (not the H&A's photos) for "A Cut Above" showed some diamonds that did not seem to dispay arrows that were straight and some seemed to be missing arrows. Is this simply because the photography is difficult, or is it as it looks that some are of higher quality H&A's than others? Mine looked pretty good :)

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Arrows visible under normal conditions (not H&A viewer) are just the reflections of the viewer head or photocamera. I.e. slight difference in illumination angle or viewer/diamond position will change the look of the arrow pattern.Look at your diamond under different angles. Do you see all arrows all the time?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Drew, "your valuable position" - you must be kidding
smile.gif
Anyway... These are two different things:1. Pronounced dark arrows visible with unaided eye under natural lightening conditions - caused by reflection (or shadow) of the observer head or the photo camera. Obviously appearance of these arrows depends on the viewer and the light source positions as on these two pictures from www.Whiteflash.com.
DIWF02319.jpg
DIWF43502.jpg
Garry Holloway had shown me a funny trick: when you look at the H&A diamond through peepholes in a sheet of white paper the dark arrows disappear.2. Hearts and Arrows pattern in the H&A viewer depends on the specific proportions and symmetry of the crown and pavilion facets. In the H&A viewer the diamond and the light source are always in the same position. If you do not see perfect H&A pattern in the viewer it means that the diamond crown and pavilion facets are slightly disproportioned as for this diamond: www.goodoldgold.com/1113.htm. There is an argument between people who believe that true H&A diamonds are really more beautiful and those who think that this is not so important… I think each person should look at the different diamonds and decide for her/him-self.Drew, we know you have SuperbCert H&A diamond. Could you see dark arrows with the naked eyes?

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Just for fun-If you cut eyeholes out of colored paper and then look at your H&A diamond, you will see the arrows take on the color of the paper.You may notice that the color changes depending on what color you are wearing or what colors are surrounding you.I've seen my arrows be silver, grey, black, purple, red, blue...
smile.gif
lawmax

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Lawmax, I ve heard so much about your EightStar diamond but never seen it...Do you have a picture by any chance?

jspop

Rough_Rock
Lawmax, how much do Eight-Star diamonds cost? I understand only about 400 per year are made.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
How do you know that it is 21 deg C? I thought you guys only know F, don't you?
tongue.gif
It is cruel to tease me - we have heavy snow changing to the freesing rain tonight.
errrr.gif

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Leonid,You'll have to travel to see it.It's about 21 degrees C and sunny today.

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
jspopIt's hard to answer a general price question like that, but EightStars are special and they are more expensive than other diamonds.You can request information at www.eightstar.com. They can direct you to a dealer for prices or may quote you directly since you are not in the US and don't have a dealer near you.

drewg350

Rough_Rock
Leonid, when you talk about the arrows not looking right in the picture, is this the same scenario with that Superbcert stone that Jonathan(goodoldgold) has posted on his website? Is it possible the photo looks alot worse than the actual stone? This is the topic of discussion on DT regarding branded stones. What's your valuable position on this?

jspop

Rough_Rock
About the EightStar's... I am in England and it was about -2 C this morning on the way to work. My e-mail address is [email protected]

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Jeff,Brrrrr....too cold for me!If you want EightStar info., you have to go to their site and request it.
http://www.eightstar.com/order.html Emails are often answered by Richard von Sternberg, the company's president! He is one of the loveliest people you will ever meet and will answer questions for you.Stay warm!lawmax

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results