shape
carat
color
clarity

Good Deal/Bad Deal

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dedfischer

Rough_Rock
I have recently been inquiring about purchasing a ring for my girlfriend and found one I would like to purchase. Would like to know whether or not I am receiving a good deal.

IGI
1.17 Carats
Round Brilliant Cut
6.84 x 6.88 x 5.00 mm
Color D
Clarity SI1
Platinum Setting

$5,000.00

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you have or can get the crown and pavilion ANGLES for the stone, along with the depth and table sizes, you can run the info through the HCA (Holloway Cut Advisor) to see how this particular stone might perform with fire and brilliance, etc. It's helpful in making the final decision. :))

sylvesterii

Shiny_Rock
if you are looking for a diamond that is graded in the "D" range, i would steer very clear of IGI. If the "D" is not that important to you,then you must realize that you are paying a large premium for that diamond. IGI does not grade nearly as stringently as other diamond grading companies and will not have a very high opinion around these parts. i would not recomend buying an IGI stone at all. Unless you know diamonds very well and can do an estimated grading yourself. since you are here asking if this is a good deal, then i assume this to not be the case!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results