shape
carat
color
clarity
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. PriceScope Upgrade Completed
    For issues, questions and comments click the link below
    https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pricescope-upgraded-comments-and-issues.229551/

Dismiss Notice

Good Deal/Bad Deal

Discussion in 'RockyTalky' started by dedfischer, Nov 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dedfischer
    Rough_Rock

by dedfischer » Nov 26, 2002
    I have recently been inquiring about purchasing a ring for my girlfriend and found one I would like to purchase. Would like to know whether or not I am receiving a good deal.

IGI
    1.17 Carats
    Round Brilliant Cut
    6.84 x 6.88 x 5.00 mm
    Color D
    Clarity SI1
    Platinum Setting

$5,000.00

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Mara
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by Mara » Nov 26, 2002
    If you have or can get the crown and pavilion ANGLES for the stone, along with the depth and table sizes, you can run the info through the HCA (Holloway Cut Advisor) to see how this particular stone might perform with fire and brilliance, etc. It's helpful in making the final decision. :))

3. sylvesterii
    Shiny_Rock

by sylvesterii » Nov 27, 2002
    if you are looking for a diamond that is graded in the "D" range, i would steer very clear of IGI. If the "D" is not that important to you,then you must realize that you are paying a large premium for that diamond. IGI does not grade nearly as stringently as other diamond grading companies and will not have a very high opinion around these parts. i would not recomend buying an IGI stone at all. Unless you know diamonds very well and can do an estimated grading yourself. since you are here asking if this is a good deal, then i assume this to not be the case!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.