shape
carat
color
clarity

Good Cookware Set

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
So funny...I decide to look around ps today and what do I see! This thread! And I was ebay-ing all clad earlier...I got a calphalon set when I got married...some are in good shape..others not so much....I think I'm going to check out Home Goods and Macys on sale for the all clad...Let me know what you think of the fry pan which is the one I almost bought on ebay!!!! My mom has the stainless one I think and the handle gets HOT...it could be an old model though...My sister's OLD set is HEAVY....So I'm curious to hear....I was eyeballing some Le Crueset pieces in Home Goods the other day but I could barely lift it into the cart so I passed....

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/17/2007 6:52:48 PM
Author: Mara
i agree with the others re: not buying a set. i have piecemeal purchased and been really happy with my selections.

df, here is the one WS is selling now, but the one i used to have was not clear (it was all stainless looking) and it was taller than this, but same idea:

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/sku9278516/index.cfm?http://www.williams-sonoma.com/prod...m?pkey=xsrd0m1|15|||0|||||||mister&cm_src=SCH
I bought this spray cansiter after seeing it here and like it! It seems to work well and I waste a lot less oil (I''d have a tendency to put too much in and have to wipe a bit out w/a paper towel). The cansiter looks REALLY cheap, though, which is the only draw-back. I keep it hidden in my cabinet. I bet the stainless one looks a lot nicer.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
We bought Simply Calphalon for most of our pots and pans, and really like it. I was ready to buy their more expensive line and did not see the difference so I bought the Simply. I think they are maybe phasing it out though? If the Contemporary had been around then I would have gotten it since I love the look of it. The set didn''t have the sizes I wanted so I bought mine as separate pieces - I wanted some bigger pieces for when I was cooking for company, and in case we have a larger family someday. I also have an All Clad omellet pan and a Le Creuset dutch oven (from the outlet - no teflon though) and am really happy with all of them.

piccolascimmia

Shiny_Rock
I have to put a good word in about Anolon Advanced...I love my pieces!

And I also have the Misto for EVOO. Here''s a link to it, it sounds like the stainless version someone else had: Misto

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i'm another fan of le crueset and calphalon.
we have the buffet & 10" frying pan (or is it 9"?) from le crueset.

outlets::: we went to both the le creuset and the calphalon outlet in roundrock, tx. the LC store had 2 sections. one was the "firsts" as in NOT the rejects or whatever. and they had the "seconds" which were the imperfect pots. we bought a 7.5 quart french oven at the LC store. it was one of the "firsts." the sales lady also stressed that whether you buy a "first" or "second," you have the lifetime guarantee. she said LC didn't make anything they didn't standby. just a thought. oh, and the "first" pot we got at the outlet was discounted.

we also purchased a couple of Calphalon Contemporary Stainless pans. a double-boiler sauce pan and another larger sauce pan. we got these at the outlet too. both at discount. i think the calphalon outlet worked like the LC one. with "firsts" and "seconds" though i don't think they called it that.

we also have a magnalite pot. it's smaller than 7.5 quart. maybe it's a 5 or 5.5 quart. i don't use it as much since getting the LCs.

we plan on buying a smaller calphalon sauce pan too. and that's for now as far as pots go.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
michelle i love the sprayer for EVOO, it makes it so much easier to not waste the EVOO and also i end up using way less, so it''s much healthier too. but yeah WS used to have the stainless one which i really loved but it broke after 3+ years of daily use. i haven''t found a new one i like as much yet...so i''m using a pre-filled EVOO one from the grocery store til i do find one i really like.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results