shape
carat
color
clarity

Good carat size for earring stud?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

belk2000

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I've been lurking around here for a few days now, and I just think that this place is great. Such a wealth of knowledge! Well, let's see if I can get your opinion. What do you think is a proper carat size for a single earring diamond stud for a guy? I'd like to go as big as possible, maybe a .75 carat or so, but what do you think is better looking?

Given that question, do you also feel that since it's an earring, clarity shouldn't be a priority, but it should be around SI1 or so? Also, what color would be okay? G and up? D only? I want an incredible looking AGS-000 Ideal cut, eye-clean, white white white diamond that just shimmers and sparkles when you see it. Size isn't a big thing to me, but again, I want the best bang for my buck and balance of size. I'm willing to go to .25 or so, but no less, 'cause I want atleast around 4 and some change on the mm diameter. Limit is $1500 for the diamond. And BTW, it'll be put in a platinum setting.

Thanks for any and all input into my proposition. Thanks again.:))

tonysgeko

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hey Belk, for me personally I wouldn't go higher than 1/2 carat. Any higher you'll find people starring at your ear rather than you, which could be funny in of itself. Right now I'm wearing a 1/10 carat and would like to upgrade also. The color G is good and clarity of si1 I would pick also. I bought an ags0 cut .23 si1 clarity M color from an internet vendor and had it set into a yellow gold pendant for a gift. It's an awesome stone. If you want the vendor name let me know. Good luck in your search. tony

belk2000

Rough_Rock
Tony,
Thanks for the advice. Looking goofy is what I'm trying not to do here and you clearly said that over 1/2 carat would look that, so I'll take that into close consideration. SI1 clarity seems okay as well, so I think I'm getting closer to my decision.

Oh yeah, and can you please reply with that a link for that online vendor you are talking about. I would be so appreciative. BTW, some other online vendors I'm looking at comparing prices to are: bluenile.com, diamondsonweb.com, uniondiamond.com, diasource.com (seems to have the most competitive prices of the online stores), and goodoldgold.com (but they are alittle more money yet the service and information on there is just incredible). I'm also going to some local diamond dealers and jewelers around where I live.

Again, thanks for your input.

:))

kathishopping

Rough_Rock
Hi there,
I'v bought diamonds, and have been VERY satisfied with this site,
israel-diamonds.com
I've bought 1 ctw princess cut diamond pairs, f-vs1
I've bought .74ct heart diamond, d-i1 (totally eye clean)
I've taken the above to my local jewelers and they could not believe what I paid for them! They told me I did good! and set everything for me.
This diamond site is navigation friendly, and if you need info/or questions answered, the CEO gets back to you quickly! They're return policy is fine with extra time if you need it too. I would buy from them anytime!
good luck:wavey:

remoteluxury

Rough_Rock
Speaking of single diamond earring :: Anyone know how I could gauge the size of carat weight against a mock earlobe? Like say a web site that has that feature? I'd go to my local diamond store but I HATE the hard sell. It's annoying.

I wish I could see what a 1/2 carat diamond looks like in an earlobe vs. say 3/4 or 1 carat.

Also, the comment that 1/2 carat is about the largest size that won't overpower your face- are you sure that's as large as you would want to go (as a guy i mean)? I mean I've seen some stunning 3 ct. tw diamond sets (of course they were in ladies ears) so I wanted to find out if that 1/2 carat limit was an arbitrary assessment or from personal experience?

Thank you so much,
Sincerely,

remoteluxury

tonysgeko

Shiny_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 10/21/2002 12:50:32 AM

I wish I could see what a 1/2 carat diamond looks like in an earlobe vs. say 3/4 or 1 carat.

Sincerely,

remoteluxury

----------------

Remote, you could buy 1 carat total weight(1/2 carat each) and 2 carat total weight(1 carat each) cz studs and try them on yourself that way eliminating the trip to the jewelry store. It just so happens my sister has these sizes and I tried one of each size to see what they would look like and I came to the conclusion that 1/2 carat was the biggest size I would wear, for me.

remoteluxury

Rough_Rock
That's an cz studs are an excellent suggestion Tony-

I'm going to try that- that way I can see what size I'm comfortable wearing-

Thank you very much,

Daniel(remoteluxury)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results