shape
carat
color
clarity

Good Buy???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vthakkar

Rough_Rock
I think I finally found one that I like.

1c
GIA Cert
VS1 - F
Depth: 61
Table: 56
Pol/Sym: Ex/Ex
Girdle: Thin-Medium
No fluorescence

Price: $6500

1) Seem like these stats are within H&A guidelines. Would you expect me to see them?

2) What do you think of the price? (Great deal or average?) It seems fair based on the RapRapport ($7900) and pricescope searches... Its about 17% below the RAP sheet with an excellent cut from the stats above.

3) Please advise if this is a good buy or if there is anything I should be skeptical of based on the price.

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
Ask for a Sarin.

davisc02

Rough_Rock
Need the crown and pavillion angles, have you got those?

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
1) My guess is no based on the price, but there is absolutely no way to tell without more analysis. Table, depth, and symmetry do not tell the whole story.

2) PriceScope prices are starting above your price for a one carat F VS1 with ex/ex symmetry/polish.

3) See if you can get an ideal scope to look at the stone yourself and ask for a sarin report . . . then come back and tell us the crown angle, pavilion angle, and culet percentage, along with the table and depth percentages.

diamondsman

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
the stone looks good, But.. we need to know more info.,
What are the measurements? if it's around the 6.5MM. than it is a nice looking stone.
The price is ok.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
In no way you can tell if it's H&A. Do ask for a Sarin so that you can get at least crown and pavilion informations. GIA Ex/Ex is nice to get but does NOT guarantee excellent performance or internal symmetry or proportions.
1.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 2/13/2004 1:17:36 AM vthakkar wrote:

Taking your points in turn:

I think I finally found one that I like.
Does this mean you saw the stone?

Price: $6500
This is too much of a bragain for a H&A or near - such cut would almost never get to the bottom af any price interval. While this is a good price, almost certainly it is the right price for what you are getting, for better or for worse. What certificate comes with the stone?

1) Seem like these stats are within H&A guidelines. Would you expect me to see them?
You need all the numbers to match and the signature harts and arrows to identify an H&A. Variation in any cut parameter can bump a stone out of that lofty neighbourhood.

2) What do you think of the price? (Great deal or average?) It seems fair based on the RapRapport ($7900) and pricescope searches... Its about 17% below the RAP sheet with an excellent cut from the stats above.
No idea what Rap is good for at retail level: except for marketing. Wouldn't a seller be insane to sell below cost and/or market value? This sounds illegal and/or crazy to me.
angryfire.gif

3) Please advise if this is a good buy or if there is anything I should be skeptical of based on the price.
This would be a good buy if at least three doubts are eliminated: are the color and clarity grades the right ones?, is the "neat cut" of the stone also delivering light? After all an ideally symmetric and polished DIAMOND CUBE would not be all that appealing, right? The first two would be answered by GIA. The third by an Ideal Scope...

----------------

Oh well, if has light return anywhere near the optics of H&As, you've got a really great buy...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results