shape
carat
color
clarity

Good Buy?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

babudia

Rough_Rock
All,

Please feel free to comment on the stone below: AGS0, I, SI1, .778c, $2300 (est.). Let me know if this is good one.Thank you in advance.

AGS figures as follows:

Depth-62.2%

Table-57%

Crown Angle-35.1

Pavilion Angle40.8

Culet-Pointed

HAC - 1.9-Excellent

Light Return - VG

Fire - Excellent

Scintillation-VG

Spread-VG

1ca.jpg

scopec.jpg

1ba.jpg

a1a.jpg

Inclusion Location (on table?):

1amap.jpg

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
This diamond isn't a true H&A diamond, but it seems like it could be a nice performer. Just make sure the price reflects that it isn't a true H&A.

(In the hearts image, see how the arrowheads in the 12 and 1'clock positions are squished compared to those in the 6 and 7 o'clock positions?)

The culet looks a bit "off" but it's hard to know if that's just an optical illusion or not.

pulp_princess

Shiny_Rock
Wow! Good eye, aljdewey!

I guess without the price listed, no one can really tell if it's a good buy. It might be overpriced and might not.

babudia

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,
Thanks for observant eyes. Yes, you're right about this not being a H&A, although it is considered ideal. I believe the price is fairly good (about $2300). Is this reasonable?What price should i be paying for this rock? Also, will the inclusion be any problem since it's on the table. Below is the area of inclusion on the AGS certificate.

/idealbb/files/ags2.GIF

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Am I missing something?... such as the weight of the diamond ... Otherwise, no way to tell the price.

Harts, Arrows or neither, the H&A and scope images are darn close to perfection. I expect this stone to have a fair amount of "sparkle" (contrast and scintillation) on top of commendable light return. But... how big is it? Surely the quality of THAT cut deserves (and would fairly commend) a premium, no matter who sells it.

babudia

Rough_Rock
oops..sorry folks...its a round 0.778 carat...

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would pass it is getting close to having a ring of death on the crown.

There is way too much white in the center of the ideal-scope image and it is visible in the picture of the diamond itself.
just my 2c.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 2/7/2004 8:21:45 AM strmrdr wrote:

I would pass it is getting close to having a ring of death on the crown.

There is way too much white in the center of the ideal-scope image and it is visible in the picture of the diamond itself.
just my 2c.----------------

I know the theory... but where is that plotch on the scope picture? That looks great, in this case. The hot pink shades under the table here are not nearly enough to scream "stay away"... I guess.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is the picture from the tutorial for easier comparison.

med4.jpg

babudia

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

What kind of sparkle will I get with this? For the amount of money I paying, i'm not expecting the perfect brilliance and sparkle. I just want to be sure that it will sparkle nicely. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

scopec.jpg

Thank you.
1.gif

karenb

Rough_Rock
Hi babudia,

Im only a newbie and been a lurker at PS for 3 weeks, however, I suggest that you take a look at the diamond personally in all types of lighting to determine if you like the sparkle. Maybe even compare it to other diamonds. If satisfied with the look and price, buy it
21.gif
At least, thats what I am going to do, when I pick out my diamond.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Three weeks or six months, it really does not matter: seeing is believing.
Strmdr opens a legitimate issue about what amount of departure from the picture perfect IScope image is acceptable. However, these pictures are not yet standardized - so issues like resolution may sometimes cross the line from haven to hell. That IScope image of fallacy is not of comparable resolution as the one of the stone being considered (squashed as it is). Some of those below come closer - I believe. To me, the reference below indicates that the red image being discussed falls among the "good" stones (as labeled on the chart) and should perform at least as well as the other two (the big pictures below the fragment of IScope reference chart) - taken from the GoodOldGold site (hoping this practice is ok).

Actually, the same page at GOG is perhaps quite a good reference for this thread because it discusses what the resolution and overall quality of these pictures can do.

As usual, hope this helps...

rd.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results