shape
carat
color
clarity

Good buy??? Traveling to india...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vthakkar

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I am trying to decide if it would be better to buy a diamond in India or in the USA. I have been trying to weigh the difference in cost verses the peace of mind associated with purchasing in the USA (warranty, guarantee, etc). We have a family jeweler that has recommended the following diamond in (Mumbai) India:

Brilliant - Round Cut
Size: .90 Caret
Color: G
Clarity: VVS1
No culet
Dimensions: 6.15 x 6.12 x 3.89mm

Depth (3.89/((6.15+6.12)/2))*100 => 63.4 (is done correctly?)

Table Size: Unknown
Certified in India by Canada Diamond Laboratory

Price: $5400 USD

He says it is a very nice cut.

1. Knowing only this information would you consider it a good buy?

2. The jeweler doesn’t seem as though he deals with table sizes with his customers in India. He said he is going to try to get this information from his sources since I have requested it. Is this common in India?

3. Are there specific table sizes that I would need to have to justify the price that I have quoted above?

4. Is there anything specific that I should watch out for and ask about when purchasing from India?

5. Knowing that I computed the depth to be 63.4%. Is it true that this stone cannot be rated higher than Class 2A (AGA Scale) regardless of its table size?

Answers to any questions is much apprec. Thanks

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is this suposed to be a bargain? The price seem sperfectly achievable right here... and less expensive stones with the same specs and quite a bit smaller price are right a click away on Pricescope's first page, for comparison.

For example, this one.
Some close options would already have extensive analysis already available: such as this G-VS1 bargain, and your price would more than match a F-VS2 in the same store.

Of course, this is not an exahaustive search. You may want to look at one G-IF, H&A at NiceIce and there were other options I did not look into since I am not familiar with what exactly means a great stone for you. This post was only made to demonstrate that the stone you were offered is by no means a bargain and comparable options are widely available.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results