shape
carat
color
clarity

Good/Better/Best CZ?

DoeEyes

Brilliant_Rock
I found a thread from 2002 talking about this but I couldn't find anything more recent and two of the recommendations in that thread don't go anywhere now. Asha gems are the only one still available, but in that thread it was recommended as the "if money doesn't matter; best" option, and they are currently $190 for 1 carat which isn't unreasonable but I don't think I need "THE BEST" if I can get something a little less amazing for under $100 or even under $50.

So what's the low down on CZ today? Where are the reputable places and how do you compare them?

Batgirl76

Shiny_Rock
I have a cz ring from Etsy seller Shantastic Jewelry that I really like. Apparently she bakes many of the stones she buys to give them more depth/realism.

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The baking process is written in a forum that the "BTD" Asha people run, called talk.jewelry. People on there buy from "Chris CZ," some man in the UK, and that's reportedly where Shantastic buys theirs from. I think Chris CZ is diamondcz.co.uk. <Yes. YouTube channel is Chris Sweeney.

IF you can find some of the Interlap or "Wink CZ" that Wink of High Performance Diamonds used to sell, those are some of the absolute best. I particularly liked the "Chinese White" ones that had a bit of tint to look very realistic.

Last edited:

DoeEyes

Brilliant_Rock
The baking process is written in a forum that the "BTD" Asha people run, called talk.jewelry. People on there buy from "Chris CZ," some man in the UK, and that's reportedly where Shantastic buys theirs from. I think Chris CZ is diamondcz.co.uk. <Yes. YouTube channel is Chris Sweeney.

IF you can find some of the Interlap or "Wink CZ" that Wink of High Performance Diamonds used to sell, those are some of the absolute best. I particularly liked the "Chinese White" ones that had a bit of tint to look very realistic.

Thank you! Does Wink CZ not exist anymore? You have to buy pre-owned?

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
As far as I know, production dropped off, Interlap quit cutting them, and Wink doesn't carry czs anymore.

pwsg07

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
After buying from diamondcz.co.uk, I realized some Chinese websites sell CZ in very good price. But I have never tried buying from these website.

Grymera

Shiny_Rock
It depends what you're asking... best place to buy loose? Chris CZ has some great options, and Shan Adams (not to be confused with Shantastic) does hand cut CZs at her store Old Mine Rocks (completed jewelry at Shan Adams Jewlery).

For finished pieces, a lot of users have liked Berricle. I haven't ordered from them personally but I have a wish list! The other place I've gotten some good pieces is actually from QVC. Some of their line is just junk-- windowed, not well cut, etc. but every now and then I get something that's a complete gem (pun intended)! I also find QVC is really on top of trends--they follow the fine jewelry world pretty closely, and they also do a great job following the royals. I got a pair of green CZ drop earrings like what Princess Eugenie wore to her wedding and they match my Tsavorite perfectly.

deorwine

Shiny_Rock
I have a bunch of Chris CZ in various shapes and colors -- Chris is my go-to for cz, being both cheap and great quality. The rounds are very nice and well cut in my opinion, which makes them look quite beautiful. My experience has been that the more common cuts (round brilliant, oval, cushion) tend to look good, and other round cuts I've gotten as well (I have the "Flower and hearts" cut and LOVE it) but the larger the facets with more precision necessary, the more likely it is to look a little wonky (e.g. I have an asscher that looks lopsided to me).

The problem with Asha is, if you look up reviews on Google, that apparently the diamond coating wears off after a number of years.

Chris cz is also cheap enough that you can just buy one and try it out! Seriously, a 1ct equivalent (6.5mm) is about two bucks! Hearts and arrows is a little more, but really not too bad. He also sells slightly lower color to look realistic as well. The only problem is that he seems to be pretty slow on restocking sometimes, and shipping does take a little while.

I'm sure some of the Chinese companies have well-cut cz too, and probably even cheaper, but I have never bought from any of them (partially because Chris CZ's are sufficiently good I don't need another supplier, lol)

lovebezels

Rough_Rock
Chris cz stones are also available on Ebay. His seller id is diamondcz.

pwsg07

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have also bought from diamondcz.co.uk. But I realized the Chinese companies sell very cheap CZs. I hope someone can recommend a Chinese company that sells cheap CZs.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results