shape
carat
color
clarity

Goldsmiths - What does a 505 stamp mean?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have a white metal piece with what appears to be "505" stamped on it.

What does this denote?

Anne

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It problably is reading 585 meaning 14karat white gold. (58.5% pure gold).

The 505 is the classic commuter train folks rush to catch on their way home. The old 5:05.
29.gif

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Mystery solved!

The 505 is on my new tennis bracelet, it''s the total carat weight of the piece!! (Duh, Anne.)

I was panicking because a jeweler I just showed it to said "Wow, 505 is even less than 14k (585)!" And the bracelet was supposed to be 18k (which it actually is, there is another stamp on the other end that says 18k).

Thanks for clarify, Wink! (And thanks OldMinder for your attempt to explain.)

Crisis averted! lol

Anne

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 6/15/2007 4:55:01 PM
Author: anne_h
Mystery solved!

The 505 is on my new tennis bracelet, it''s the total carat weight of the piece!! (Duh, Anne.)

I was panicking because a jeweler I just showed it to said ''Wow, 505 is even less than 14k (585)!'' And the bracelet was supposed to be 18k (which it actually is, there is another stamp on the other end that says 18k).

Thanks for clarify, Wink! (And thanks OldMinder for your attempt to explain.)

Crisis averted! lol

Anne
You are welcome. My tennis bracelet guy always puts on the exact weight when making a bracelet because that way you always know what the weight is.

Wink

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results