shape
carat
color
clarity

Goldsmith Jeweler research? Trying to find someone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
I am in search of a jeweler who is from Switzerland or France (name may be something like Liebenstein.) He works in high carat gold and does very neoclassic work. Ie dolphin and horse cuffs etc. Does anyone know how I might go about finding out the name. The piece I have is marked 18k with 2 diamond shaped stamps and I cant see what may be inside those stamps. Any advice on how to research this?

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
http://www.gemwow.com/Atricles/Jewel_Siam_Magazine/1_38/ACCENT_ON_ORIGINALITY.aspx

has anyone ever heard of this jeweler or know how i can find out about his work?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nothing comes to mind offhand. There are some other people who know more about famous jewelers; in fact there are people who used to play a guessing game about famous jewelers! Harriet, jewelerman, DiamanteBlu, oldmancoyote, and some others may know. Sorry I cannot help.

PS-After looking around on the 'net, I saw that you had posted a link to an article about the man you mentioned, Roger Lebenstein! So you know a bit about him. What, exactly, are you trying to find out?

AGBF
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
1/10/2010 11:10:40 AM
Author: bgray

has anyone ever heard of this jeweler or know how i can find out about his work?
Well, since you posted his name I was able to read a little bit about him. I saw a pair of eyeglasses called, "Fleur" that had been designed by a Jean-Francois Rey. They were made by Roger Lebenstein at his 400 rue Saint Honoré Paris studio (atélier) in 18K gold and diamonds. I believe they contained 18 diamonds that added up to a total carat weight of .47 carats. I also saw that he had won some awards from DeBeers.

AGBF
34.gif

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/10/2010 1:44:21 PM
Author: AGBF

Date:
1/10/2010 11:10:40 AM

Well, since you posted his name I was able to read a little bit about him. I saw a pair of eyeglasses called, ''Fleur'' that had been designed by a Jean-Francois Rey. They were made by Roger Lebenstein at his 400 rue Saint Honoré Paris studio (atélier) in 18K gold and diamonds. I believe they contained 18 diamonds that added up to a total carat weight of .47 carats. I also saw that he had won some awards from DeBeers.

AGBF

34.gif

I have a bracelet that I think was made by him (i bought it in the mid 90''s) and wanted to see if I could find his stuff but he is an enigma?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I saw a pair of eyeglasses called, ''Fleur'' that had been designed by a Jean-Francois Rey. They were made by Roger Lebenstein at his 400 rue Saint Honoré Paris studio (atélier) in 18K gold and diamonds. I believe they contained 18 diamonds that added up to a total carat weight of .47 carats. I also saw that he had won some awards from DeBeers.
I hadn''t been able to post a picture of the eyeglasses initially, but now seem to be able to do so. Here they are, for your edification. ;-)

AGBF
34.gif

Fleur.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
1/10/2010 1:51:34 PM

I have a bracelet that I think was made by him (i bought it in the mid 90's) and wanted to see if I could find his stuff but he is an enigma?
I am not sure he is an enigma. Perhaps he is just not the most renowned jeweler in the world? He seems to have taken out plenty of advertisements. I do not think he wants to be secretive!

AGBF
34.gif

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/10/2010 1:57:17 PM

Date:

I have a bracelet that I think was made by him (i bought it in the mid 90''s) and wanted to see if I could find his stuff but he is an enigma?

I am not sure he is an enigma. Perhaps he is just not the most renowned jeweler in the world? He seems to have taken out plenty of advertisements. I do not think he wants to be secretive!

AGBF

34.gif

well he has no website and even the most lowly jewelers seem to show up when googled. its off that he would receive awards and such but there are no pictures of his jewelry anywhere..........

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/10/2010 2:01:30 PM

Date: 1/10/2010 1:57:17 PM

Date:

AGBF

34.gif

well he has no website and even the most lowly jewelers seem to show up when googled. its off that he would receive awards and such but there are no pictures of his jewelry anywhere..........
Not really. Most of the De Beers, AGTA and trade award winners are not well known to the general public, because that is not how the market their products. The great jewelry houses, who buy these pieces, often prefer to sell these fantastic pieces under their own name rather than under the jeweler''s name (with few exceptions). It is all about brand building.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results