shape
carat
color
clarity

Golden South Sea Pearls

JanesJewels

Shiny_Rock
I've just bought a set of golden South Sea pearls, pendant and drop earrings. I was browsing the website of www.tahitianpearls.biz and I saw that a golden pearl pendant would look amazing on a very sparkly gold chain that my mom bought me for graduation many, many years ago. I've never worn it very much, but now I think it will be lovely to add this pendant to the chain she got me.

I got this pendant in 10-10.9mm, AA+ semi-round, medium golden.

http://www.tahitianpearls.biz/golden-south-sea-pearl-pendant/classic_golden_south_sea_pearl_pendant_gpvb.htm

And this pair of dangly earrings, 9-10mm semi-round, medium golden.

http://www.tahitianpearls.biz/golden-south-sea-pearl-earrings/golden_south_sea_pearl_leverbacks_earrings_gelr.htm

I'm excited to get them! I've also bought a pair of 9-9.5mm Freshadama studs, which I received today. They're very nice indeed.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I have that exact pair of golden earrings, in deep golden! :appl:

You are going to love them! Jose will pick some beauties for you, I'm sure. Mine are very high quality, with a super thick nacre. The earrings and pendant will look a lot nicer than the pic, I bet. I know mine certainly did.

I love goldens, they are so rare and beautiful. You can wear them to a black tie event, and people that know what they are, will respect them. If you decide to get a nice strand one day, people will assume you spent $20,000 or more. Have you ever looked at the Mikkimoto website? The prices are astronomical. :shock: They're actually nicer than diamonds, in my opinion, because they're not as common. I've also worn them to the grocery store, and no one has any idea what they are. But I know. :Up_to_something:

Post pics when you get them, I can't wait! :appl:

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
I love your choices! I don't see golden pearls very often (that's becuase I seem to live in a blind-to-pearls, no-pearl zone lol) but I love wearing them. I can't wait to see pictures!

JanesJewels

Shiny_Rock
Thanks ilander and pkinnew! I will definitely post pics. I've never wanted golden south seas before, but the just came over me as I was sitting here...

And I've just amended my order to make the earrings bigger - 10-11mm instead of 9-10mm.... :Up_to_something:

I saw it was only $20 more and since they are dangles not studs I thought I could go a little bigger :D

Kay

Ideal_Rock
I look forward to seeing them on you. I think 10-11 mm is a nice size for dangle earrings. For just $20 more, how can you resist? ;)) :naughty:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Hoping for update soon :read:

JanesJewels

Shiny_Rock
Hi Ilander, I received the pearls, and they are very nice indeed. However, they are more of a peach tone than a gold tone. I contacted www.tahitianpearls.biz,,,, who very kindly offered to handpick pearls that were yellow-gold and more like the image on the website. But, I realized that white pearls stand out much better on me, the same way that white metal stands out better than yellow gold. Peach/gold tones just blend into my skin and hair. The pearls themselves are lovely, but I'm sending them back because I just don't feel as good in them as white pearls. For this reason, I also decided not to go for the lavender/pink pearls that I was considering, because they are also more similar to skin tones and I think white pearls stand out best on me. Thanks for asking! :wavey:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
JJ, if you have the opportunity, try GSS that have really deep golden color and reddish overtones. I have similar coloration problem with pearls as you've described but the really rich almost gaudy golden range of GSS (surprisingly) works for me. Such colors are rare for GSS I think.

JanesJewels

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the tip, Icy Jade! :wavey:

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Hi JanesJewels! I'm sorry your goldens didn't work out but I understand your feelings about them. I only have one GSS strand and I rarely wear it. It just doesn't look right. But I also have a strand of WSS and GSS pearls with various colors of each and I love it! You may want to consider a mixed strand!?!?

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
pkinnew|1407505244|3728499 said:
I love your choices! I don't see golden pearls very often (that's becuase I seem to live in a blind-to-pearls, no-pearl zone lol) but I love wearing them. I can't wait to see pictures!

JanesJewels, I know and feel for you, when things don't work out.

pkinnew that was good "no-pearl zone"… Wait, that's where I live.

iLander

Ideal_Rock

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Yes deep goldens like iLander's.

iLander: beautiful strand!!!

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
iLander that strand is Gorgeous! I've tried all the shade of gold but none of them work for me .. I should be relieved. One more unaffordable strand I can take off the list..

But that deep deep gold is such a remarkable colour, it's truly hard to imagine that its natural.. it's just sooooo GOLD! Lucky you to have such a beautiful strand and to wear it soooo well :appl:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, guys! :wavey: You all are so nice. :halo: I really do enjoy it.

I'm embarrassed by the pictures now that I look back on it, they're so awful, with my old phone. :oops: Katbran, yes, the color is just terrible, kind of orangey. Maybe I'll have DD take a new pic, her new phone works well. She took pics of my latest pearls and they're much better than I could do.

Well if yellow gold doesn't work on you, then cross goldens off your list, Katbran. Imagine the savings! :bigsmile:

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
iLander - I'm so glad this post popped back up! I haven't seen that golden strand before but it is amazing! I hope you get lots of opportunities to wear it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results