shape
carat
color
clarity

Golden Eagle Coin

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cedricb

Rough_Rock
A friend of mine has herited a golden eagle coin of twenty dollar date 1926... anybody knows the current value of it ?

thanx

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
sounds like a question for dancing fire (ps member)
....maybe he, or someone else in the know, will be along to help you soon.......

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
no mark (d or s) by the date indicates that was minted in philadelphia(go eagles!!) d indicates denver and s is for san francisco. i agree with strm, it needs to be appraised. even minor flaws can degrade the coin.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/24/2005 11:46:14 AM
Author:cedricb
A friend of mine has herited a golden eagle coin of twenty dollar date 1926... anybody knows the current value of it ?

thanx
cedricb
a $20 gold piece is call a double eagle. the $20 Saint Gaudens is the most beautiful coin ever minted in the U.S. however they're very common. 1926 is a common date it contains 96% of 1 oz gold so base on $425 an oz spot gold, the melt value is $408.00,my best guess without looking at it.... $450.00

p.s. don't ever clean or polish any coin.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results