shape
carat
color
clarity

Golden Christmas Earrings from TP.BIZ!!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Oh, man . . . I loves me some goldens! :cheeky: :cheeky:

DH ordered a pair of golden pearl earrings to go with my necklace! He got big smooches on Christmas! :appl:

I steered my DH to these, because I wanted a pair of earrings that were simple and pretty, without diamonds,etc. I wanted to be able to wear them with jeans or formal, and I thought a diamond would be a bit much. Plus, they're cheap for goldens!
http://www.tahitianpearls.biz/golden-south-sea-pearl-earrings/golden_south_sea_pearl_leverbacks_earrings_gelr.htm

I opened the box, and my first thought, was "These are even nicer than my necklace!" DH finally found the paperwork late last night, and apparently these are AAA! I am completely thrilled with the necklace, but --OH!-- These earrings!

I didn't quite get it when Mozo was talking about her lifelong quest for a certain AAA pearl, but NOW I understand! :love:

These are really extraordinary! They seem to not really have an "edge" to them, like a photo of a glass doesn't really have a hard edge. The top layer of the nacre seems transparent and reflective and diffuses the light. They seem to glow from within. For edjamacation of others out there, I've taken some pictures of the necklace and the earrings together to try and convey the difference between the AA+ of the necklace and the AAA of the earrings. The earrings seem to have a buttery sheen as well.

Now I'm thinking the pearls are too nice for such a simple setting. Maybe I should swap out to a different type of setting? Definitely don't want to give up these particular pearls, though. But then again, I am a sucker for unpretentious beauty. Ugh, I'm a mess . . . :tongue:

But now I have a REAL issue; I want even more AAA's! :shock:

pearlsbox.jpg

earringsneck.jpg

earrings2.jpg

earrings.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Those earrings are perfect, iLander. Don't fuss with them, just wear them with a big smile on your face. I know you will.

Absolutely gorgeous. :appl:

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
I kept checking this site a few times yesterday, waiting to see pix. Wow. They are gorgeous. :love: :love: :love:

So the link you gave is AA+ but your husband bought AAA? The price from the link is very good. TIA.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i still love your golden strand. its more like mini-moons: luminescent.

and i do love your new AAA earrings!

leave them simple set: shows THEM off.

also, i like them with the strand despite the fact i can see the difference. why? i like them together because i think what will happen when you wear them is that most people won't notice the difference. also, those that do notice pearls...and there are getting to be more and more of them....will see your strand and love it. next they will notice the earrings and they will frame your face.

i think actually i like this strand earrings together better than i'd like them being the same grading.

MoZo

ps thank you for the pictures of them together! they are divine.

eta: yes, those prices seem very good indeed! i see a pair of golden earrings in my future!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
ilander, I love love love your golden pearls! Where did you get them? :love:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are lovely as is.

I just got my first AAA pearl too and am AMAZED at the difference as well. Not good. I love your earrings. Wear them in the best of health.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
HHPmom|1293467546|2807007 said:
I kept checking this site a few times yesterday, waiting to see pix. Wow. They are gorgeous. :love: :love: :love:

So the link you gave is AA+ but your husband bought AAA? The price from the link is very good. TIA.

I went and looked at the certificate again, and it says exactly "AA+/AAA". So if these aren't completely AAA, what the heck does Jose think is AAA? :shock:

At the bottom of Jose's web page, it says "11mm pearls are also available in natural deep golden color. We typically have deep golden pearls in stock other sizes - please contact us for exact specifications as stock is more limited"

These are the 11mm deep golden, so I guess he didn't want to put the "exact specifications" in the pull-down menu? But he didn't charge any extra over the medium golden price, so I'm not going to question it too closely! :naughty:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
rosetta|1293477970|2807171 said:
ilander, I love love love your golden pearls! Where did you get them? :love:

Tahitianpearls.biz. Be sure to use the dot BIZ, since there are other tahitian sites that are close in name, but they are NOT our Jose.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Fly Girl|1293466465|2806981 said:
Those earrings are perfect, iLander. Don't fuss with them, just wear them with a big smile on your face. I know you will.

Absolutely gorgeous. :appl:
ME: :bigsmile:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
movie zombie|1293469798|2807042 said:
i still love your golden strand. its more like mini-moons: luminescent.

and i do love your new AAA earrings!

leave them simple set: shows THEM off.

also, i like them with the strand despite the fact i can see the difference. why? i like them together because i think what will happen when you wear them is that most people won't notice the difference. also, those that do notice pearls...and there are getting to be more and more of them....will see your strand and love it. next they will notice the earrings and they will frame your face.

i think actually i like this strand earrings together better than i'd like them being the same grading.

MoZo

ps thank you for the pictures of them together! they are divine.

eta: yes, those prices seem very good indeed! i see a pair of golden earrings in my future!

Thanks, Mozo, They don't quite match and it's a relief to know that you don't think ithat's a terrible thing. I guess if they were an exact match, they would kind of all blend together.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1293482290|2807228 said:
They are lovely as is.

I just got my first AAA pearl too and am AMAZED at the difference as well. Not good. I love your earrings. Wear them in the best of health.

Thank you, Gypsy! Now that I've seen the difference, this AAA versus AA is going to be a real problem for future pearl purchases! :rolleyes:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
4Ranch Girl|1293489383|2807322 said:

Thanks, 4Ranch! I can't come close to your magnificent collection, but I'm willing to give it a try. :bigsmile:

whitehotblank

Shiny_Rock
Golden SS are so ... someone else used the word: luminscent. I WISH these looked good with my skin tone. Lovely, iLander.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
They're beautiful, I love them. A lovely size too. :love: :love:

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
They're beautiful! Congrats!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
iLander|1293498834|2807469 said:
4Ranch Girl|1293489383|2807322 said:

Thanks, 4Ranch! I can't come close to your magnificent collection, but I'm willing to give it a try. :bigsmile:
Of course yours will eventually rival mine, it is only a matter of time. By the time you reach my age your collection will be better of that I'm sure. I of cource will be cheering you on :mrgreen:

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous golden earrings, iLander! Simple and elegant! This is giving me some idea what to do with my pair of golden pearls!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
G-O-U-R-G-E-O-U-S!!!!!!!

I think it was a good call to for-go on diamonds accent as well. They are lovely. Can we get an ear shot?

I typically lean towards White SS pearls, but now I'm starting to think about goldens.

I hope you gave your DH a big smooch for those beauties! :love:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for the kind words, WhiteHot, LovingGems, Danny, Megeve, you guys are the absolute best.

@4Ranch: Awww, thank you! :D

@Mageve: FlyGirl made some lovely earrings with a pair of Tahitians that she had, check out her post on those.

@Sarah: I just find it so fascinating that a bunch of sea creatures can make such a lovely, ethereal color. They've always been a dream of mine. I'm a geek, I know . . . And oh, yes, DH got some major smackers. :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results