shape
carat
color
clarity

Gold parties - selling your gold for green

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
I''ve got some pieces I could part with -- they aren''t sentimental, they aren''t worth a ton, they don''t represent anything significant, and I haven''t worn them in forever -- if I knew I wasn''t being taken for a ride.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
I think this is heartbreaking. You are right.

I think I would sell what I could.. but I don''t have many gold pieces that are pure gold and don''t have diamonds or gemstones in them. Also I feel that the piece of craftmanship that made the piece an heirloom, would be lost. I''d do what i could NOT to sell my sentimental pieces.... but that said, if I HAD to.. I would.

This is just sad.
7.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was on hold with GoodOldGold the other day and I am sure there was a message about doing this. If I was near them I would definitely let them buy my gold.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I posted about selling gold just the other day. Not out of dire need (thank goodness) but out of cleaning out my old pieces I never wear. I have a ton of items and some of them are sentimental and I wouldn''t sell those, so all and all, I won''t make a ton of money.

The only concern I have is that a scale could be rigged. I found someone with a scale, who will let me use it but won''t be buying the gold (so he''s trustworthy) and haven''t weighed out what I have yet.

It''s very sad to think a person would have to sell a wedding band and make, what, $15 off of it!? If I had to choose between being homeless or selling off sentimental items, the choice would be a given.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/3/2009 1:15:05 PM
Author: MC
I posted about selling gold just the other day. Not out of dire need (thank goodness) but out of cleaning out my old pieces I never wear. I have a ton of items and some of them are sentimental and I wouldn''t sell those, so all and all, I won''t make a ton of money.

The only concern I have is that a scale could be rigged. I found someone with a scale, who will let me use it but won''t be buying the gold (so he''s trustworthy) and haven''t weighed out what I have yet.

It''s very sad to think a person would have to sell a wedding band and make, what, $15 off of it!? If I had to choose between being homeless or selling off sentimental items, the choice would be a given.
MC
send me your gold.
2.gif
my scale is very honest.

koi 308.jpg

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is sad. Mostly because of the position that the sellers are in. I have sold a couple of things in the past, but that wasn't because I felt like I had to.

Yes, I would sell things if I needed to. I'd shop around a bit and try to get the most money if I could. I would probably hold on to my wedding band unless someone was offering megabucks for it. The $50 it might get wouldn't be worth it to sell unless the situation were truly dire.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results