Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Gold parties - selling your gold for green

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
I''ve got some pieces I could part with -- they aren''t sentimental, they aren''t worth a ton, they don''t represent anything significant, and I haven''t worn them in forever -- if I knew I wasn''t being taken for a ride.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
I think this is heartbreaking. You are right.

I think I would sell what I could.. but I don''t have many gold pieces that are pure gold and don''t have diamonds or gemstones in them. Also I feel that the piece of craftmanship that made the piece an heirloom, would be lost. I''d do what i could NOT to sell my sentimental pieces.... but that said, if I HAD to.. I would.

This is just sad.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was on hold with GoodOldGold the other day and I am sure there was a message about doing this. If I was near them I would definitely let them buy my gold.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I posted about selling gold just the other day. Not out of dire need (thank goodness) but out of cleaning out my old pieces I never wear. I have a ton of items and some of them are sentimental and I wouldn''t sell those, so all and all, I won''t make a ton of money.

The only concern I have is that a scale could be rigged. I found someone with a scale, who will let me use it but won''t be buying the gold (so he''s trustworthy) and haven''t weighed out what I have yet.

It''s very sad to think a person would have to sell a wedding band and make, what, $15 off of it!? If I had to choose between being homeless or selling off sentimental items, the choice would be a given.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/3/2009 1:15:05 PM
Author: MC
I posted about selling gold just the other day. Not out of dire need (thank goodness) but out of cleaning out my old pieces I never wear. I have a ton of items and some of them are sentimental and I wouldn''t sell those, so all and all, I won''t make a ton of money.

The only concern I have is that a scale could be rigged. I found someone with a scale, who will let me use it but won''t be buying the gold (so he''s trustworthy) and haven''t weighed out what I have yet.

It''s very sad to think a person would have to sell a wedding band and make, what, $15 off of it!? If I had to choose between being homeless or selling off sentimental items, the choice would be a given.
MC
send me your gold.
my scale is very honest.

koi 308.jpg

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is sad. Mostly because of the position that the sellers are in. I have sold a couple of things in the past, but that wasn't because I felt like I had to.

Yes, I would sell things if I needed to. I'd shop around a bit and try to get the most money if I could. I would probably hold on to my wedding band unless someone was offering megabucks for it. The $50 it might get wouldn't be worth it to sell unless the situation were truly dire.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Reset Heirloom Engagement Ring
    Reset Heirloom Engagement Ring
    Diamond Station Tennis Bracelet
    Diamond Station Tennis Bracelet
    What is PriceScope?
    What is PriceScope?

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.