shape
carat
color
clarity

Gold Jewelry Ebay Offer

lmyracle

Shiny_Rock
Premium
What do you feel a fair offer would be for this item? When I went to put in an offer, a box with "similar items have sold for" came up which had no more than $1900. I tried to see the exact prices again but now the box won't pop up. Regardless, just looking to make a fair offer and really have no idea here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Grymera

Shiny_Rock
You can go to Watchcount.com and look up what the others sold for, in this case. I'd try $3k since it's near the holidays and go up from there if that seems like a fair price to you (I know zero about coins). Screen Shot 2020-12-12 at 7.59.37 AM.png

lmyracle

Shiny_Rock
Premium
You can go to Watchcount.com and look up what the others sold for, in this case. I'd try $3k since it's near the holidays and go up from there if that seems like a fair price to you (I know zero about coins). Screen Shot 2020-12-12 at 7.59.37 AM.png

I saw that and was thinking of offering around what the prior ones have sold for -- not exactly knowing the exact item. BUT, when I go to make an offer, this comes up .....again, not knowing exactly what is selling for what and how identical other items are..... I do know that 1 ounce of 22K is around $1700....but I really don't have any idea. Screen Shot 2020-12-12 at 8.02.39 AM.png

Grymera

Shiny_Rock
I don't find that feature in eBay to be particularly helpful as it's aggregating other listings by keyword and category (I assume). That works well for 1:1 items like a used iPhone 8 but unless there is a huge volume of identical items I don't think it's as reliable. I'd do a completed listing search and see if you can find very similar items for that price range.

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
I’ve found that feature to be inaccurate. They have it when you sell too. I’ve sold some nicer brand clothing items and it always wants me to sell for basically nothing. When I post clothing, I usually list higher than their suggestions and my items almost always sell quickly enough - so I don’t trust it.

lmyracle

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I’ve found that feature to be inaccurate. They have it when you sell too. I’ve sold some nicer brand clothing items and it always wants me to sell for basically nothing. When I post clothing, I usually list higher than their suggestions and my items almost always sell quickly enough - so I don’t trust it.

Thank you! Good to know!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That eBay “facility” “similar items sold for” is nonsense. The search engine picks key words like “gold” “coin” and compares apples with oranges! It ignores crucial details like the size/ weight of the coin, the type / rarity of coin and the fact it is in a diamond set mount.
the only reliable resource is recently “sold items” if there is a similar item for comparison.
The previous sales at $3,500 and $3,950 were in 2017, when gold price was $1,200 an ounce. Gold price is now $1,850 an ounce.
so I would assume the seller would be wanting an offer around $4,500, maybe more.
You can offer whatever amount you like, however if too low the seller is likely to just ignore you as a tyrekicker! If your offer is reasonable but still too low, they usually “counter offer” a price. So, say you offer $4,000 they may counter with $4,800. You can accept that or re offer say $4,400.
you can make 3 offers only.
Any offer you make is binding if the seller accepts it.
you are not obliged to accept the counter offer, you can let it lapse.
the seller is not obliged to accept or even respond to an offer, again after 48 hours if not declined, the offer lapses.

lmyracle

Shiny_Rock
Premium
That eBay “facility” “similar items sold for” is nonsense. The search engine picks key words like “gold” “coin” and compares apples with oranges! It ignores crucial details like the size/ weight of the coin, the type / rarity of coin and the fact it is in a diamond set mount.
the only reliable resource is recently “sold items” if there is a similar item for comparison.
The previous sales at $3,500 and $3,950 were in 2017, when gold price was $1,200 an ounce. Gold price is now $1,850 an ounce.
so I would assume the seller would be wanting an offer around $4,500, maybe more.
You can offer whatever amount you like, however if too low the seller is likely to just ignore you as a tyrekicker! If your offer is reasonable but still too low, they usually “counter offer” a price. So, say you offer $4,000 they may counter with $4,800. You can accept that or re offer say $4,400.
you can make 3 offers only.
Any offer you make is binding if the seller accepts it.
you are not obliged to accept the counter offer, you can let it lapse.
the seller is not obliged to accept or even respond to an offer, again after 48 hours if not declined, the offer lapses.

Bron,

You're always so kind to respond and I appreciate it greatly as you are an eBay expert! I was sort of thinking that the similar items weren't exactly similar. Good to know and I saw gold was $1700/oz somewhere but maybe I as looking at the wrong chart; nevertheless, it gives me a good starting point. I actually found one, without diamonds (gasp) that I think I would prefer more. Still thinking and in no rush to buy anything! :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results